SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning rubber...

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFinn 
#1 ·
So... who's done it?
Does the TCS even let you if you turn it off?

#2 ·
Sorry what was the question :confused:

G
#6 ·
Chapel976 said:
so... who makes an LSD
Burnouts must be done POSTHASTE!

So you want to take your 9-5, rev the bollox out of it, slip the clutch, trash a set of front boots by polluting the atmosphere with a whole heap of smoke, and potentially do god knows what other damage!!.

Way to go fella ...

#7 ·
Chapel976 said:
the most gratifyingly immature thing you can do in a car.
Enough said :roll:

#8 ·
burnouts are very bad for your cv joints:nono; , especially when there is any type of turning because it creates a lot of stress when the wheel is turned. if your are going to burn out, keep it in a straight line.;) I am too poor to burn out, i cant afford new joints. i mean cv joints.

#9 ·
Finn said:
So you want to take your 9-5, rev the bollox out of it, slip the clutch, trash a set of front boots by polluting the atmosphere with a whole heap of smoke, and potentially do god knows what other damage!!.

Way to go fella ...
This coming from the only one with and LSD. :p

#15 ·
Chapel976 said:
So, none of you guys have EVER wasted the last remaining bit of your tires by burning the hell out of them?
I tried to do this with my last set of tires on the way to get new ones, but people kept getting in my way. :(

#16 ·
Chapel976 said:
Just wondering, do any of you guys participate in motorsport?
Oh yes.

Well, that should be, used to compete, in the good old days when it was offordable:roll:

As has been said, a burnout is just so.........err........pointless.

Unless, you've got very sticky drag slicks and your'e setting yourself up for pre-staging at the strip.......and even then you need a proper car for that.....V8, rwd, 4-figure horsepower....you know what I mean;)

#17 ·
Raven18940 said:
New Orleans has already got that more than covered. :roll:
Lets keep this friendly guys, none of us know how we'd react if we were faced with that awful situation, a massive loss of life, livlihoods and property :cry:

#18 ·
aeropilot said:
As has been said, a burnout is just so.........err........pointless.

Unless, you've got very sticky drag slicks and your'e setting yourself up for pre-staging at the strip.......and even then you need a proper car for that.....V8, rwd, 4-figure horsepower....you know what I mean;)
Entirely pointless
It's like farting really loudly in the company of friends. It's rude, it's immature, it's smelly and it's funny, but it serves no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.