SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i dont have a turbo so i cant show anything off in this hole, but for those of you turbo boys, i found a way to use the "ugly" non viggen bumper to your advantage, heres what i started with

Then i cut out the ugly grill thing

Painted up the black marks

Re installed the licensplate

and there ya go, now you can see an intercooler much more. i had to zip tie the exterior temp sensor down to the lip, still inside but the housing was on that grill, still works phenomenal!! so what do you think??

Tyler

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey! That looks awesome! I was thinking the other day how it would look with that center part removed, but I don't know about on the outer edges, where the grill connected to both sides of the bumper, it seems that the center part is a little raised, so if I were to cut the center out, I would have to shave down near the sides. Do you know what I mean? Is there any way that you can post some more close up pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I like it and did something similar to mine, but now my aftermarket IC is getting a good taste of the road from all the rocks that fly up there and ding it up. Im going to get a piece of mesh grill and form it in there to protect the fins better.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can take a picture when i get home or tomarrow if ya want, and its possible to get the hole to go more sideways, you cant go up because the bummper support is still there,i think thats what you mean!! lol

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
now that's nice. looks easy, and the bumper is still relatively solid? lovely. :D i wonder if you could sand down those ridges if you chose to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took me a total of 20 min and the bumper is still solid. my only problem is when u cut off the old grill, the bumper is actually black, so painting it kinda sucked, due to the fact that i dint have any white paint that matched, so the white thats on there is a brighter white than my car, you can probably sand down everything and bondo it if you want a cleaner looking curve. all n all its a nice look.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Yea I'm doing this mod but with a Talladega lip. I'm getting a Talladega lip from a member over here. I still haven't got it yet; he's looking for a box that is big enough :D

Here's how it'll look but not exactly, I have another twist to add to that and the mesh to protect the radiator as well. I'll keep my fogs. The aftermarket ones in this pic look like crap :nono;

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the way that looks with the color coded taledaga lip kit. nice!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Oh, hey! That picture of the talladega perfectly pictures it! Near the outer sides, the 2 black lines are clearly prominent! So I would guess the only way to get rid of them is to carefully sand them down and use some touch up paint?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Leon said:
Oh, hey! That picture of the talladega perfectly pictures it! Near the outer sides, the 2 black lines are clearly prominent! So I would guess the only way to get rid of them is to carefully sand them down and use some touch up paint?
Yes :cheesy:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea thats the black lines that i painted, there also on the top too. the ones on the bottom blend in so those are all good. i just wish i had teh correct color white for that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts