SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing some rust repair in my wheel wells with the tires off and i noticed that my bump stops are either cracked or missing half, So I'm going to replace the front two

There is nothing in the Bentley about replacement

Could someone tell me how to do this, do I need to take out the coil over spring? if so just say so and I'll get my mechanic;ol;

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
No help here, but was wondering where you were able to source replacements?

Dustin
Generic from suspension shops may work, but otherwise they are not available new, so check out wreckers. Most are in good nick.

Id' say get saab originals they are high quality, I find any rubber component I buy from the chain suspension stores here in Aus is absolute rubbish and cracking within a couple of months (no oil on them, not overtorqued) just chinese rubbish.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haven't gotten the part yet still figuring that out, I bottomed out the other day could this be the reason they have been destroyed?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
haven't gotten the part yet still figuring that out, I bottomed out the other day could this be the reason they have been destroyed?
yeah as they age, they can take small bumps but high speed big downforces will probably break them.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
you mean your bro was late to work and not late as in passed away?

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
So I was doing some rust repair in my wheel wells with the tires off and i noticed that my bump stops are either cracked or missing half, So I'm going to replace the front two

There is nothing in the Bentley about replacement

Could someone tell me how to do this, do I need to take out the coil over spring? if so just say so and I'll get my mechanic;ol;
Front yes, the springs push against the top of it. Rears are seperate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts