SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have just taken my 1994 900 SE for its MOT and the only thing it failed on was "Steering component mounting prescribed area is fractured", garage said the bulkhead is flexing when steering.

Absolutely gutted!

The car is in really good condition apart from this so unsure whether this means I will have to scrap the car after having it 10 years :(

Real shame to scrap it as its still a bit of a head turner.

Can anyone recommend a garage that could repair the bulk head within the midlands/northwest England.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Many Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
"Steering component mounting prescribed area is fractured"
KISS ??
There may have been a recall on this problem, in the long forgotten past.
A good shop can handle this, but it will be expensive and you may have to send her off over-seas..
And, this is a common defect with RHD Saabs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KISS - Not sure what that means Earthworm!
Yeah, its pretty common looking on the forums, no way i will be sending her oversees, depending on the price of the repair it may get scrapped, or would be an ideal donor car for someone.

Roof, engine, gearbox all perfect, put a new exhaust on her last week lol! Thats cars for you. Just trying to find out if anyone within central UK will take the job on!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all

Just to let you know I got the bulkhead sorted at WMSS (www.wmss.co.uk) for £312. Car passed its MOT and is back on the road!

I would happily recommend wmss, and it goes to show that the bulkhead issue can be repaired easily and relatively cheaply.

Thanks

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts