SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every modified there bulbs.. and i mean all of there bulbs..replacing them with colored bulbs for example Dome Light, Fog Light, Headlight, Lights on Doors, etc and if so where did you buy you bulbs.. was it from ebay(because I couldnt find any for the interior of the car) a website would be nice.. I am still still looking.. I say someone who had all blue lights inside the car and it looked sick so i am trying to mimic that but putting green same color as my car.thanks guys

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I could give you a UK supplier for the interiors but that isn't really going to help is it :confused:

43mm or 44mm festoon is what you're looking for. I've had soe that were 6x LED but they weren't bright enough. 9x LED are spot on :cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Would I be able to change that ugly little yellowish color parking light next to xenons also with leds? What type is this bulb called so that I can do easy search for my aftermarket alternatives?

And do you guys mean it is possible to change the outfashioned green instrument panel and radio lights to another color? Is there a thread on how to do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the 4-LED 501 bulb in my sidelight, i will try to take a picture of it tonight. Looks good in 'super white', although I have to say its more of a hint of blue:cheesy: And i have phillips silvrsion indicator bulbs in my indicators front and rear, look silver flash orange!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey turkish aeroline.. i can't see the pic..but in terms of changing the bulbs to a different color..the green ones you probably could but that a modification that would probably take time..soldering leds and stuff i dont know if you wanna take on that responsibility...but today i changed all of my bulbs inside the car to blue light the step light as well as the dome light it' looks pretty kool though.. soi i could imagine what it will look like in the night time. i am going to get green fog light bulbs and put in.. I also put in new pedal"koool" :cheesy: looking one and im going to wire up some led down there too..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mike, are these the side bulbs you mention? Are they direct replacement (fit and power specs):

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=611

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u50158w-white-super-wide-angle-bulb-p-800.html

Hey SaabBlackMan, I wish you took pictures on how to change those bulbs. Please share the photos taken at dark. I also like the blue but red would also be a nice combination with a black car and beige leather. But everytime I sit in a car with red instrument panel, my eyes get tired very shortly.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yep, the ones from auotbulbdiect, part no SKU: 501LED2 'quad LED'

They are direct fitment, takes 5 mins each! They give a nice bright crisp blueish whitish light, i think they are nicer than the standard!

I tried the single frosted LED and it was rubbish, not bright enough!:cheesy:

I still cant get over your wheels, they are too nice!:cheesy:

And now you are thinking of getting a twin exit exhaust??? You are doing the things I dream about every day!:cheesy: Keep posting pics!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mike, as leds normally consume less power, I thought it will cause a warning light but obviously you had no problems so great. I have replace the signals a while ago with the silver bulbs and I think car looks much smarter.

Changing the wheels to 19" were a bold move. They for sure look nice but causing me a lot of work with the fender. I'm looking on how to adjust the camber at rear as there's no adjustment. If I upgrade to Bilstein but standart Aero height, maybe bounce will be less and I'll be touch free. Current shocks are 60k and very soft.

Regarding exhaust, I'll probably end up with a local solution. Remus, Supersprint or even special made at muffler shop. I wonder if anyone has ever done this. I probably need a search first and if I don't see maybe I'll open this as a new topic.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was worried that it may cause a bulb out warning, but it hasnt:cheesy:

I had a look under the rear of my car - there is definately enough space to have twin exit, i think opening new topic would be good idea because i think that pipe diameter etc will be important - you dont want to restrict flow! I was thinking of getting a spare standard Aero silencer and asking my local garage to weld it onto other side and connect pipes, but i think you can only use that silencer on one side because of its shape. And then I thought 'if it aint broke, dont try and fix it':cheesy:
I would try and get the arches rolled by a bodyshop, or the inner liner modified to accomodate the rims:p

·
Registered
469 Posts
Both were done yesterday at a bodyshop. And there was a little damage on the paint at one side :cry: so now I have abother thing to fix. Probably 18s would have been much easier. Anyway, the looks make me forget all the trouble though :cheesy: . Before these works, there was very frequent touch, now it is very rare. My only option now is rear camber adjustment. I also think my shocks are very soft after 66k and new Bilstein sports (same height) will take car of the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts