SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it's a noob question.......

some of my cluster lights are dim, im guessing some bulbs burnt out. I can not for the life of me find the spec or the name for those tiny bulbs?

anyone?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
You need to download a copy of the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) to find the parts number. In my '97 NG900 there are around 35 bulbs, and 5 different wattages... Ron

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
i know it's a noob question.......

some of my cluster lights are dim, im guessing some bulbs burnt out. I can not for the life of me find the spec or the name for those tiny bulbs?

anyone?
They are marked on the back of the cluster for wattage. You will see it when you pull the cluster out (a lengthy job).

It's probably cheaper to pull a cluster at a junkyard and use bulbs from it than it is to buy them one by one at a dealer. There was some aftermarket source, but I don't recall where.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are these bulb called? is there a type number? u know, like 9005, 9006, H3, etc......

back of mine say S 1.4W or something. does not indicate the bulb type.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i was doing more research and i guess there are different bulbs in the dash?

I see some of them are like this, this is 2174 bulb

and you have to stick them into the sockets yourself.......

while other bulbs are 2721......

and these plug into the sockets easily........

can anyone double check?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok........... so the SID and ACC bulbs are 2174

the speedo and cluster bulbs are 2721.........which can also be replaced with 2723 which are a bit brighter.

going to try it tonite, will post pics.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
If you are planning on pulling the instrument cluster, find a thread and read some instructions, or use a Haynes if you have it. It's a bit of a PITA the first time you do it Have three hours set aside. Once you've done it a couple times you can do it in less than an hour, but the first time takes more.

Be sure to disconnect the battery before removing the steering column shrouds. Otherwise you will set off the SRS light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok........... so the SID and ACC bulbs are 2174

the speedo and cluster bulbs are 2721.........which can also be replaced with 2723 which are a bit brighter.

going to try it tonite, will post pics.
Interested in what you found. I need a few SID bulbs so please do update us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts