SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a very buggy left signal light on my 1994 900S. Recently I've noticed my left signal when activated clicks very quickly, but only sometimes (actually it clicks quickly all the time now). When this happens my rear and front side signals don't work, but the front does. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong here?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I'm going to take a guess that your car is not a convertible. That being the case, this is the wrong forum, since Classic 900's only go up to 1993, 1994 for convertibles. So I'll move this to the NG900 forum. If I'm wrong just let me know.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The rapid cycling (clicking) of the turn signal is supposed to alert you to the fact that a bulb is out in one of the turn signals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I figured. Seems strange though that it would come and go (rapid to normal and sometimes during the same turn). If it was a burned bulb (I hope it's that easy) wouldn't it just go rapid and never go back to normal till the bulb was changed?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
gr8spinner said:
If it was a burned bulb (I hope it's that easy) wouldn't it just go rapid and never go back to normal till the bulb was changed?
You would think so. Might as well check and change the bulbs first, or swap them right to left.

If only one or two stop working then it is probably the bulbs. If ALL the turn signals on ONE side stop working at the same time, then you might suspect the wire from the ICE controller. If they stop working of BOTH sides, look after the fuse. There aren't many other options. There are two wires that come out of the ICE, one for each side. Then the connections fan out to the various bulbs. If at least one bulb is working on a side, it usually means everything else is OK.

Left turn signal usually goes first, because you tend to use that light more while waiting for traffic to make a left.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
When one bulb is inoperative on one side of the flasher system, there is less resistance causing the flasher to operate much faster than normal..

Some of the turn signal system bulbs may still be good, but corroded. So we have another job for the little wire brush.
Then use some di-electric paste on the contacts(protects against corrosion).
GM used to do this in the 80s.. As an experiment I tried some of this stuff on flash-lite contacts.
It did NOT work !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I just jiggled the rear assembly around and it sems fine now. The left is still out but I think it may corroded because the bulb is ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts