SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

I'm new to this forum, and I apologize if there is already a thread regarding this topic.

I own a 2006 93 AERO (2.8L V6, Auto). I bought the car brand new little over 3 years ago. The car is completely stock, and needless to say I am ready for some mods.!!! From what I read on this forum it seems like the first logical mod. would be a tune from either BSR or VTuner.

I know this is probably a never ending debate, and it's probably more of a personal preference than anything else. For people out there with either BSR or VTuner, your feedback and input is greatly appreciated. So, without further delay let the debate begin!

BSR or Vtuner? (Tell us a little bit about your experience with either products and list pros and cons if possible.)

***No disrespect to BSR or VTuner. I know both companies make great products for Saab fans around the world.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
There are a few threads on this topic so if you search this area you should come up with some info.
Then go ahead and ask some specific questions if you still have them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Though I'm a VTuner client (and a satisfied one), I think you should include Maptun on your list too. They've recently released a portable device (along BSR lines, with similar torque and HP figures) which seems convenient (no need to have your [charged!] laptop with you...).

As our colleague above suggests you have an afternoon (or two) of threads to wade through!

[Frankly, I don't think there's a bad choice among those 3 (Hirsch another -- but more expensive still) and in their 'first stage' ('0' for VTune) instances I doubt you'll do your car any harm].

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maptun is the route I will be going on the turbo X, however can I heck as like find any posts on the Maptun upgrade. Look forward to hearing from anyone

·
Registered
596 Posts
VTuned here is 01/01/10, love it.

I did alot of reading and you should do the same. I just prefer the (charged) laptop to be able to diagnose problems over the handheld unit.

·
Registered
707 Posts
"Maptun is the route I will be going on the turbo X..."

That was quick!

If I may turn the tables, what was your thinking?

[There was some discussion of the new Maptun device on SaabsUnited
earlier this year--you'll have to search on that site though].

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi

Sorry to be clearer; I hope to have bought a turbo X in the next few weeks and want to go the maptun upgrade route which I see on their website, providing another 15 or so bhp and 470Nm.

Maptun (and one of their installers) tell me that whilst it is not much bhp gain, the torque makes it a much better drive. One of their installers tells me also that it is a better upgrade than the Hirsch 300bhp upgrade.

My question then was really to see what experiences people have of the Maptun upgrade on the turbo X. I have searched this and other saab forums (not saabsunited) and am struggling to find anything.

Maptun are shortly releasing a 350 bhp upgrade for the turbo X.

·
Registered
707 Posts
[@ Davo: I was a bit quick in my response to you -- I thought you were the original poster! ]

You'd be lucky to find a handful of (posted) experiences of the Maptun with Turbo X (in the English language anyways).

Should add that SaabsUnited postings were not specific to the TurboX.

Have heard of that forthcoming 350 Hp Maptun stage for X...I think VTuner has put 'fire' under the other tuners and they have to respond!

[I'm seriously contemplating Brian's 'Stage 1' (360 Hp) too but with an automatic -- never mind the expense of it all -- I'd be venturing well into Guinea Pig territory!]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts