SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking around on PFS yesterday and saw a new exhaust...

BSR Twin Exhaust

It's still pricey, but a lot less than the other twin exhaust system I've seen. I do seem to remember some people being less than satisfied with the BSR exhaust systems, but it's something to consider if you want that look.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
having had several items shipped from the PFS guys, there are a few caveats that they don't have control over:

Exchange Rate fluctuations
Shipping & Handling Charges (well, ok they have a limited amount of control ..)
Import Fees (Oh yes, you will be hit with these)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I would get the BSR twin pipe exhaust system, but I remember someone who posted a pic of his BSR exhaust which was rusted. Thats what Im worried about here.

How do you guys the sound will be like?

And if i get it, i want to make it a double tip on each side. It will look much better.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
skye2000 said:
Wow, can't beat the price. $756.71 vs $1220.00 at Genuinesaab.com http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=226&osCsid=63ad91ea5df991dca233522e13bfc4e3I know with the genuinesaab exhaust it says that you need add the second cutout on the bumper but they also sell the trim piece to make it look "pretty".

The dual exhaust was on my wish list but at 1220 i was waiting, for 750 that exhaust just came a little quicker towards reality.
skye, yer local, get ahold of me via email, and you can get it much cheaper than that even, custom made.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I just got word from Simon at PFS that the new BSR twin pipe exhaust system will not give a much louder noise than the standard one. I think that sucks. I mean I want more sound, nothing too ricey, but you guys must know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
oslowley said:
If you want louder get rid of your resonator.
Isnt a cat-back system straight all the way though? Is it illegal to get rid of it? And will it improve or decrease performance? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
SS said:
Isnt a cat-back system straight all the way though? Is it illegal to get rid of it? And will it improve or decrease performance? Thanks!
Cat-back systems are from the catalytic converter back to the tail pipe. They normally include bigger pipes and higher flow mufflers. Those are not illegal. Removing your catalytic converter IS illegal and you will not pass any sort of emissions your province may have, even if only visual.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
TheKomoman said:
Cat-back systems are from the catalytic converter back to the tail pipe. They normally include bigger pipes and higher flow mufflers. Those are not illegal. Removing your catalytic converter IS illegal and you will not pass any sort of emissions your province may have, even if only visual.
Not only is it illegal, but without a proper reprogram, you are liable to throw CEL's all day while your onboard computer tries to figure out what happened to the cat.

Those who choose to fully track their SAABs can legally take their cats out (assuming they can get a proper program). Of course, they will never be able to drive the car (legally) on public roads again.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ok, so considering Simon told me that the sound of the BSR cat-back twin pipe exhaust system wont be much louder than stock: can i just take out the resonator and make the sound a bit louder? Or is it gonna sound very loud?

·
Registered
609 Posts
SS said:
Ok, so considering Simon told me that the sound of the BSR cat-back twin pipe exhaust system wont be much louder than stock: can i just take out the resonator and make the sound a bit louder? Or is it gonna sound very loud?
I don't know if you can take the reasonator out or not on the SS. I knew someone that took the resonator out of a '92 900 Turbo and it sounded pretty good. It was very deep and throaty, not at all like the rice sound. Still wouldn't be confused with a Ferrari V8, but I would say it had to be one of the meanest sounding 2 liter engines out there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
SS said:
removing the resonator will only make a minimal sound increase. IMO your better off having a custom exhaust made, and leave the resonator out. when i had mine done, we didnt include a resonator, and i dont not thow CELs. theres a million shops out there that would do this for you, at a fraction of the cost of buying a aftermarket exhaust & having it shipped. and plus, this way its installed for you, and you dont even have to get dirty! lol, but seriously, this way you also get to pick what mufflers and tips you want to use.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Its not really about poor quality. Look at this:

Why would a supposedly good brand product rust from the inside? Could it be some other factors?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I've always been suspicious about that photo. Nice "clean" rust and not a sign of the black soot we all have. Methinks that car has sat for a long time with water pooling at the tips.

·
Registered
96 Posts
To quote from the original advert on PFS... "This high quality free flow Sports exhaust system is manufactured from Stainless Steel." therefore no rust.

Brian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts