SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went in today to get my ecu update at the dealership because of a recall. They completely reset the ecu. I had a feeling i would have to update the PPC...I did, I downloaded the new file (took off the speed limited as well) and retuned the car. So I got 2 questions.

1) After the tune i got two warnings on the SID one for the traction control failure and one for the sability failure. Is this a normal message?? ( when i restarted the car no message and tcs works fine)

2) As I forced the boost adpation pinning the car around town up hills I noticed 2 things:
a) My boost needle was pushing futher into the red than before. good thing I guess.
b) The once strong whistle I would get from the system hearing max boost has disapeered. I was wondering did I maybe have a boost leak a hose undone somewhere or something and they cought it at the dealership.

A boost leak could explain both a) and b).

Any troubleshooting ideas on this would be great. Throw em out there.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
The TCS/stability error while tuning is normal.
The boost needle going 2 bars into the red is normal.

My turbo (2.0T) makes more noise at max boost when the car is tuned compared to not. Possibly you have less noise now because of a dealer oil change.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no oil cahnge.

before you would hear a WHHHIIIIISSSHT while on the gas.
Now nothing. Needle goes further. but doesn't feel as strong as before the detune.
maybe it just needs more adaptation

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
perhaps or is it just an adapation thing. I may be crazy but it sound stronger today than before. I also notice it was almost running rich before as I could smell gas in the exhaust

·
Registered
943 Posts
Its usually rich in the morning when you start the car. and if its adaptation thingy, yes, its usually more zippy, but if you say its smoother.. it could be a different map.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dach said:
Its usually rich in the morning when you start the car. and if its adaptation thingy, yes, its usually more zippy, but if you say its smoother.. it could be a different map.
It was defenitly not more zippy than before. in fact it seems way way weaker. like as if i only added a cold air intake to a NA engine. almost boring. My last tune before that was almost 7 months ago and the car was strong night and day difference. You could hear the turbine push hard.

maybe a need a boost gauge. I almost want to go back and ask for my ecu back the way it was before the recall

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its all good BSR rules!

Ok so I whined about the car not feeling right.
BUT........

I fully believe the car was just adjusting. Obvious safe gaurds to the engine. But I kept putting in only 94 octane in and kept pushing the boost around town.

The Result......

The car pushes as hard as ever, I can hear the boost again and full boost kicks in lower rpms now, And yes this map is much smoother as I had a boost spike before with the old program.

Just thought I would follow up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts