SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference. The car has awaken. You can acually hear the turbo now, especially when you accelerate at highway speeds. It has a much improved off the line feel too. I have the ITG drop in filter, it seems to work fine has anyone here switched from the drop in to the BSR optiflow? Was the difference noticable? I think the money was worth it for anyone on the fence about the upgrade advantages. 3" down pipe is next. :cheesy:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats!
Yes the stage 1 is super, I like it a lot to!

Now Enjoy it!

Alloa!

·
Registered
739 Posts
welcome to the BSR stage one club..great isn't it i am still addicted to the extra power mine offers..Trouble is you will want more and more and more good luck and keep us posted:cheesy:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats! I also just installed the BSR PPC Saturday & boy, what a difference! :p I haven't even put the JR filter in yet & the car performance is much smoothier. Still mulling around with the idea of the Opti-flow, but if not, I'm definitely happier with the PPC.

·
Registered
197 Posts
misskai said:
Congrats! I also just installed the BSR PPC Saturday & boy, what a difference! :p I haven't even put the JR filter in yet & the car performance is much smoothier. Still mulling around with the idea of the Opti-flow, but if not, I'm definitely happier with the PPC.
where did you get your BSr PPC? and what did it cost you? know where to get aftermarket IC piping?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you are asking me about the ppc? I ordered it from Engstrom, it's about $900. I guess it's the price you pay for Swedish hardware, I think it should do alot more for the money. The programmer for my Lightning only cost me arond $400 and you can change all the different of parameters like fuel,ignition timing, rearend gearing, tire size, shift points, and you can read your OBD2 codes. Maybe sooner or later BSR will be able to do the same thing. The unit is pricey but I guess it was worth it. I don't know about the Ic piping.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tmax said:
I guess you are asking me about the ppc? I ordered it from Engstrom, it's about $900. I guess it's the price you pay for Swedish hardware, I think it should do alot more for the money. The programmer for my Lightning only cost me arond $400 and you can change all the different of parameters like fuel,ignition timing, rearend gearing, tire size, shift points, and you can read your OBD2 codes. Maybe sooner or later BSR will be able to do the same thing. The unit is pricey but I guess it was worth it. I don't know about the Ic piping.
thanks for the info

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered my BSR PPC from www.partsforsaabs.com & it was around $940 for the unit, the filter & the kit to maintain the filter (plus shipping, ordered it on a Sunday & had it by Saturday). A little pricey, but the increased performance has eliminated a slight annoyance I had with my car, so it's definitely up to the person as to whether or not it's worth it.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Tmax said:
It's supply and demand, there aren't that many performance saab enthusiasts so changing things like that aren't very important on the over all list of things to do for a company like BSR.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
soggy said:
It's supply and demand, there aren't that many performance saab enthusiasts so changing things like that aren't very important on the over all list of things to do for a company like BSR.
So, I guess you have spoken to the company and this "list" is first hand knowledge? I would think BSr Enginneers would strive to be competetive and would like to have the most up to date tuner in the business. If I was working there it would be priority. Give Saab owners what they want or lose business. I will be giving them a call today to find out if they plan to integrate selectable parameters into the PPC. thanks for your input. I will post up the answers I recieve.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bsr' response to my question on adjustable parameters on the PPc.

Date posted: 10-10-05 10:57 pm
Name: Cary maxwell
E-mail:

Your message: 10-08-05 01:48 am
I bought the ppc and am pleased with the results although I think for the price this hand held tuner should be able to adjust parameters like: fuel mixture,(rich or lean), timing,+/- 10,maximum. shift points, tire size for smaller/larger tires, read and erase codes on the obd2, and also data logging capabilities.

Does BSR plan to incorporate any of these functions into the PPC?

I would like to see BSR step up to the plate and offer what Diablo predator tuner, and Superchips micro tuner/ Xcalibrator are already doing for half the price.

Thank you for your product. It made my 05 9-3 Aero run like it should've from the Saab factory.

BSR: 10-10-05 10:45 am
Hello Cary maxwell,

I think for the price this hand held tuner should be able to adjust parameters like: fuel mixture,(rich or lean), timing,+/- 10,maximum. shift points, tire size for smaller/larger tires,

BSR: Why would anyone whant to change something in our software ?
If everybody have the possibillity to adjust these things we are afraid that
the wear and tear will be affected ... the common people doesn´t have
skill or knowledge to make changes in the software.

read and erase codes on the obd2,

BSR: We are working on this right now .. http://www.bsrab.se/product_news/16/

Best regards /BSR

Your message: 10-10-05 10:15 pm
This ability to change/edit or adjust the parameters of your own vehicle is not a new concept. Superchips has a hand held tuner that does this, it's called the micro tuner.the Predator tuner made by granatelli motorsports h does this, it seems as if your company has never heard of this, it's not new. I have the predator tuner It is made for my Ford Lightning, and I can adjust all the parameters to meet my needs. Why can't bsr incorporate the same adjustabilty into there tuner? Most People who buy hand held programmers are not "common people" they are enthusiasts looking for a performance edge and they are wanting to maximize the car's potential. Why not incorporate the features into your programmer?
Take a look at the Superchips tuner and the predator tuner maybe it would be in your best interest to follow the trend. Also, the wear and tear issue is the customers responsibility not BSR's. If I want to go Blow my car up on the racetrack, no I don't race my Saab, I would be at fault because I adjusted one of the parameters incorrectly. Like I said, got to pay to play.

BSR: 10-10-05 10:46 pm
Hello Cary maxwell,

BSR: Iam sorry but the Trionic system is much more complicated than the EEC system. It is not possible for a DIY to adjust a Trionic system.

Best regards /BSR

Your message: 10-10-05 10:57 pm
o.k. thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts