SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
rsallen88 said:
Feedback please?
Buy it :cheesy:

The stage one upgrade is the most impressive leap, the PPC is a fantastic innovative way of tuning the car and keeping your hands clean! ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Raven18940 said:
Make sure your tranny is in good condition otherwise it'll expire in a shower of chogs and springs. ;)
Why do you say that Raven? :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
ricot83 said:
my auto tranny is holding up just fine to 220 wheel torque and 220whp :roll:
Thats why I asked, my auto is fine too with the Stage 4+ upgrade :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
StX221 said:
So can a friend and i with the same model, year and everything both use the ppc upgrade??

Nick
Nope its programmed to the car when it arrives ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Puli said:
Damm you beat me to it.:cry:
Thats what the wife says ;oops: ;oops: ;oops:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Bob the first stage upgrade is always a huge increase in power, shows that saab de tune the cars a lot doesnt it!

Extracting more, reliable power after that needs both hardware and software upgrades ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
rsallen88 said:
I believe Saab tuned the motors down because of all the torque on the driveline even more than their concerns for fuel economy.
Most members have reported better fuel economy after an upgrade (thats after the "wey hey" period of driving!) ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thedriver said:
I thought the "wey hey" period was a permanent condition :roll: ;)
Well kinda....................:cheesy:

However on a run I get way more MPG than before ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

It looks very cool indeed :cool:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
anderz said:
I've looked into geting the bsr stage 1 as well, but I cant help remembering that I've read that they have problems with their software?.....
As you know Anderz these forums are for "problem solving" so we do see the occaisional problem with upgrades, for example I needed two different Maptun Ecu's before one would work :roll:

No one I know of has posted problems after a Stage 1 with any of the tuners, certainly not for a very long while, and there are thousands of very satisfied customers ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
saabnc said:
BSR stage 1 this week, and then purchasing a cat-back exhaust. Would that essentially be a stage 2?
If yours is the 2.3 then yes! Make sure you mention that you have the exhaust already just incase the software is different ;)

9-5 2.3t 98'-00' (170Bhp/280Nm) Stage 2 PPC (+69Bhp/+111Nm)

Click to enlarge

BSR Stage 2 PPC Upgrade

To fit: Saab 9-5 2.3t Trionic 7 (150Bhp/240Nm) 1998 to 2000

Horsepower increase: From 170bhp to 239Bhp - Gain 69Bhp
Torque Increase: From 280Nm to 391Nm - Gain 111Nm

The Stage Two kit comprises of a PPC System to allow for simple upgrading of your existing ECU, Catalytic Convertor back exhaust system manfactured from Stainless Steel, plus a JR Performance airfilter

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
saabnc said:
What is the difference in performance with bigger injectors? :cheesy:
The early 9-5's came with green injectors the upgrade is limited by their ability to deliver fuel. The later cars had red injectors which were "bigger".

I started with the greens and ECU with a maptun upgrade and wasnt that impressed really, should still be near 200 bhp on a 2.0 though, moving up to the reds and another remap made a big difference, which felt more than the claimed extra 25 bhp.

I'm sure BSR figures are different but I guess the principle is the same ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
It must be really frustrating but if PFS are only charging $20 to send it back they are probably making a loss, that's very little cost, and I guess its not their fault it wasnt delieverd either :confused:

I hope it reaches you soon and look forward to your first cebratory post! ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
saabnc said:
Just an update: It was re-shipped out today. If it actually makes it here this time, it should be here mid next week. Lets hope... :roll:
Fingers crossed buddy as we are looking forward to ready how cool the upgrade is ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Great news I am so glad you are happy with it, fantastic :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.