SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading a 99 9-5 with a 2.3t auto. The BSR stage 1 ppc unit offered on parts for saabs is what i am considering. Would like to know if anyone has any input on this product. What are the pros and cons? I am not looking to change the exhaust or turbo until I need to. Any input would be helpful, including other products. The BSR ppc for this car shows it will take the car from 170hp and 207 ft/lbs torque to 234 hp and approximately 280 ft/lbs of torque, and the only other part required is a high flow air filter. Feedback please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The BSR claims 378 N/m for the 2.3t which using the formula comes out to about 279 ft/lb. I was very excited when I first found the conversion, seems to be a pretty impressive jump. I believe Saab tuned the motors down because of all the torque on the driveline even more than their concerns for fuel economy. I am hoping these 9-5 transmissions hold up better than what I have heard from 9000 owners. Do the Aeros run the same transmissions as the other models?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.