SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Make sure your tranny is in good condition otherwise it'll expire in a shower of chogs and springs. ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Why do you say that Raven? :confused:
I'm just making sure he knows that saab limited the output of the 9-5 aero when it was bolted to the 4-speed auto. I'm not saying it'll be a problem just that the weakness is there. You can't deny the gearbox isn't the Achilles' heel of these cars, auto and manuals. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change the fluid before uprating the power that much.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Puli said:
I beilive he has the 2.3t 170BHP, doing the PPC upgrade will not get him near Aero spec anyway.:confused: , well not to the new 250 one.
HP has nothing to do with it, it's torque that you should be worried about. He said it would give him 280 lb/ft........wait that can't be right.......that's more than my car. :( Anyway, just know that you're uping the torque by 35% on a car with a weakish gearbox. Just keep an eye on it, don't neglect fluid changes and everything should be fine. ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
saabnc said:
I recently replaced all vacuum lines, so that wont be a problem. Maybe I'll get some new spark plugs. Has anybody agreed on what the best ones are to get?
For an upgrade like that, probably 7ES over the standard 6ES.

170 HP --> 234 HP
200 lb ft --> 280 lb ft

Is this always the case, or is this just the best case scenario? Has anybody dyno'ed right after a BSR stage one?
Even if you only get 200 hp and 250 lb ft, that's still a pretty nice upgrade. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.