SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
VectorDC03 said:
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a BSR PPC system for my 2003 9-3 Vector

Trionic 8 sounds right, plus all the hp/torque numbers match... Anybody ordered from there before? Any problems getting it shipped to the US? Thanks!
No offense, but it's like you fell in the ocean and started looking for water:lol:

The PPC is probably the most discussed topic here, with about 99.9% satisfaction with both the product itself and the service from partsforsaabs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if this has been out there before.

I did read up a lot on the PPC, that's why I'm buying it :lol:

I guess I missed posts about US customers ordering from PFS... There are a lot of UK people talking about it, but some US customers bought the system from the US distributor Engstrom. It's much more expensive there... Anyways, I've ordered mine from PFS and it turned out to be only 444 EU, which is about $540. The Engstrom has it listed for over $800! :nono;

·
Registered
533 Posts
ctrlz said:
No offense, but it's like you fell in the ocean and started looking for water:lol:
lolll:cheesy:

I'll probably purchase it today or tomorow with opti-flow also...just waiting for the invoice because i want to pay via Palpal (5% more...:roll: )

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, sorry about that. I really thought it was EU... :confused:

I've been reading a lot about the PPC these last several days... couldn't stop thinking about it :suprised; I even had two explanations why I have to get it lined up:

Explanation 1:
The PPC is niiice. I'm probably going to get it at some point. Might as well get it now.

Explanation 2:
Say there was a model above my 2003 Vector with 247hp and 286 pounds of tourque which was about $800 more expensive. Would I go for that instead of the Vector? Hell yeah.

If I want to do something - I'm very good at coming up with explanations why I really should do it :D

Then I thought it was only $540 and bought it...
Enter explanation 3: It's too late now, I have to keep it. :lol:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
$783.94 to your door.. although I still think it should be cheaper.. everyone thought I was crazy when I said that 6 months ago, but things are getting better... keep going lower :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes yes!

Order place at PFS for Stage 1 + BSR opti-flow...:cool: :cheesy:

A lot of people talk about those item here but I'll let you know about service on PPF and, of course, performance of those ''little'':p mods.

suppose to take 9 days to come in...

You guys who already reveive it do they ship that via normal post or delivery service (and do we have to be at home when the come to sign? )

bye

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
CallipNCSUsaab said:
$783.94 to your door.. although I still think it should be cheaper.. everyone thought I was crazy when I said that 6 months ago, but things are getting better... keep going lower :)
The price is still the same ... in Euro's. It's just that the dollar has been strengthening against the Euro, and we are getting a better exchange rate which translates to a lower total cost for us in the States. :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Go for it... Best value for money

But yes you have to be there.. won't fit in your letter box.
I had mine delivered to my place of work. No problem that way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
David, I assume you live in the US?

What carrier did they use to get it here? Is it possible to obtain a tracking number? Did somebody have to be there to sign for the package?

Hey, this is definitely a day-off kind of situation :D as long as I know when it's coming...

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
No I am in France. One of your "neighbours" will give you more relevent info. It gets mailed rom the UK by "Postal Force" and you get a tracking number. Then you have to ask PFS if it is DHL or FEDEX that will deliver to you. Call them with the Postal Force tracking number and you will find out when, a day or so, it will be delivered. Best deal is to give an address where there is always someone. That 's why I gave my office address and my wife doesn't need to know ..:nono;

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
honey, what's going on? You've been smiling a lot lately! :lol: hehe

Thanks for the info! I should not have any problems getting the package if they use DHL or FedEx. Now if I could only move the status of my order from "Processing" to "Shipped" by refreshing the browser...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The price is still the same ... in Euro's. It's just that the dollar has been strengthening against the Euro, and we are getting a better exchange rate which translates to a lower total cost for us in the States. :cheesy:
The price is actually lower in Euros than it once was.. and yes, I know about the exchange rate, hense the "getting better" aspect... and yes, it will get lower. If anymore "bad" stories of the PPC pop up I imagine that will speed that up too.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Check .. The Lounge

There is a thread here that answers your questions..

DrSquirley said:
When i order from PFS, the order once its in the US, gets put in the hands of the USPS.

-Alex[/QUOTE

·
Registered
563 Posts
yeh thanks for that chaps.. thought there was a nice big price reduction there for a second, nearly wet myself... raced over there.. and no !! :roll:

have you noticed.. they are selling Hirsch parts there now.. no ecu or intercooler :( the wheels seem a lot cheaper.. but my word 230 quid for some metal pedals! They look lovely but 230 quid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
93Linear said:
Admittedly, I haven't been paying attention to the rates. I also thought PFS used the pound as their base currency, not the Euro. Please correct me if wrong.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I've been holding out for a better rate. But this trend is mouth-watering, to say the least:eek:
http://www.x-rates.com/d/GBP/USD/hist2005.html

Any currency traders out there? I'm getting ready to jump on this.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts