SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so someone was telling me that even though the BSR chip rolls back the factory settings, that the computer has a log that it tracks when the settings are changed. Has anyone had any issues with this, or know if there is a way the dealer can see if the settings were changed?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I believe the consensus is that the dealer could find out if they really wanted to look into it. I haven’t been around the forums as long as some but I don’t recall anyone stating their dealer found out about a tune and voided a warranty repair.

I have the option to detune but don’t bother, been to the dealer for a couple of warranty items no questions asked. My feeling is that dealers makes money from service, warranty repairs etc. If you want something fixed, they will do it as long as getting reimbursed by Saab/GM is not going to be an issue. They're not out to deny repairs unless you have some blatant mods which may void certain parts of your warranty.

I had five things repaired under warranty one month before it expired, mind you most were cosmetic but not even an odd look with the things I wanted taken care of.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I believe the consensus is that the dealer could find out if they really wanted to look into it. I haven’t been around the forums as long as some but I don’t recall anyone stating their dealer found out about a tune and voided a warranty repair.

I have the option to detune but don’t bother, been to the dealer for a couple of warranty items no questions asked. My feeling is that dealers makes money from service, warranty repairs etc. If you want something fixed, they will do it as long as getting reimbursed by Saab/GM is not going to be an issue. They're not out to deny repairs unless you have some blatant mods which may void certain parts of your warranty.

I had five things repaired under warranty one month before it expired, mind you most were cosmetic but not even an odd look with the things I wanted taken care of.
This pretty much sums it up. I know there are some paranoid people out there but a dealer would have to have the ability (knowledge), and time, to go look for something in the ECU. What would make them want to do this unless they are real pri*** or you piss them off.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
MOST if NOT ALL depends on the dealer. My former dealer (which I still use for major issues) in Austin TX doesnt care at all. As an example, I had some warranty done despite the fact that I have a BOV, a massive FMIC, etc etc.

They fixed squeeqy windows that were attributed to faulty window regulators. The local dealer here denied service because the windows were tinted.

So find yourself a good dealer and make a relationship with them, and they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
this may be a stupid question , i bought my car from a used car dealer. do i take my saab to the saab dealer for my repairs from now ? its still under warranty

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
this may be a stupid question , i bought my car from a used car dealer. do i take my saab to the saab dealer for my repairs from now ? its still under warranty
Unrelated to OP but yes. You've also got a 5 year/100,000 powertrain warranty.
Get to know your dealer so they take care of you especially if you run into issues out of warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts