SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing a stage 1 tune on my '07 2.0T SS. I have searched saab central and have not found too many comments about a stage 1 tune from maptun. I have read that many people are very happy with the BSR upgrade. Maptun uses a separate ECU and in an email exchange they said that they are starting an engine warranty program in the US. How difficult is it to change the ECU? BSR seems like it would be simple to tune/detune. I have searched for problems with both of these systems and have not found too many. Can anybody attribute engine problems (not slipping clutches) to either a BSR or Maptun stage 1 upgrade?

Thanks in advance
~Joe

Go Bucks

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey frosty, have you replaced the ECU yet?

In my experience, you need a Tech II with a Candibox to marry the ECU to the car. and that comes with a special code that the Tech II owner has to pay Saab for. and its not cheap.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oic, cause the guys who do maptun here need to either load up via a computer or use a Tech II to marry it.

I assume you've got it installed...

How's it running so far?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It's in the mail, don't have it installed yet. That's why I said as far as I know! But i'll tell you for sure when it gets here.

·
Registered
943 Posts
We're all waiting :)

I personally prefer maptun's style of tuning. Its more linear and if I want more power, I just tap on it a little bit more, rather than have all the rush come in at the same time for BSRs.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah, I really don't mind. I don't know of any other Stage 4 Saab's, though they probably exist. I'll be doing the Turbo and ECU myself, the exhaust will be put on by a shop before hand, i'll try and take as many pictures as I can.

Also plan on doing all the Samco hosing before I show anything off.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Frosty288 said:
Yeah, I really don't mind. I don't know of any other Stage 4 Saab's, though they probably exist. I'll be doing the Turbo and ECU myself, the exhaust will be put on by a shop before hand, i'll try and take as many pictures as I can.

Also plan on doing all the Samco hosing before I show anything off.
stage 4 very nice :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts