SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SAME "BSR emblem enough to void warranty?" but another question on BSR

So, I'm really contimplating ordering a BSR stg 1 for my 07 2.0T. I've done searches on this forum, and the general consensus seems to be that a "de-tune" before bring the car in for service is the way to go to avoid warranty issues. My question is:

Is haveing the BSR badge on the trunk lid enough for a dealer to assume, and therefore void a warrenty?

Even after a de-tune will there be "remnants" of changes that can be picked up by a Tech II?

Anyone here have issues?

***Updated*** Well, thank you all for your answers, they helped quite a bit!

Now that I think I'm going to get one of these I have a question:
Why cant I find a BSR PPC that conforms to ny specs 2007 93 2.0T with 210 hp? The only thing I can find is the "2006 and on 2.0t @175 HP.

Any thooughts?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
First of all, technically, since BSR remaps the engine management software, warranty is void in the area related to the engine management system. However, it should not completely void the warranty. Certain service departments may be sticklers, however, most won't even look into the ECU programming, so most will not know what to look for. To be completely safe, just don't put the BSR badge on and de-tune before every service visit. That is the great thing about the BSR kit, it keeps your stock settings.

Paul

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brunp said:
First of all, technically, since BSR remaps the engine management software, warranty is void in the area related to the engine management system. However, it should not completely void the warranty. Certain service departments may be sticklers, however, most won't even look into the ECU programming, so most will not know what to look for. To be completely safe, just don't put the BSR badge on and de-tune before every service visit. That is the great thing about the BSR kit, it keeps your stock settings.

Paul
Thank you, Brunp

But the real question I have is, If I de tune and leave the badge, couldnt I say I have it just for looks, or would constitute me trying to be "cute with them" know what I mean?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Well it really depends on your delear. I used to detune and walk in with the badge on. Towards the last couple of months before my warranty was out, I even stopped untuning and just gave them the car tuned.

No one really mentioned anything except the sales rep who was very curios to know what it was and I told him, and he's looking into one now :lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yes....most won't know a tuned car from an untuned car, since all they are doing is driving the car from the service bay to the their garage location. I never did detune the car and my service rep even knew I tuned it, but never was I told it would void the warranty and none of my warranty visits were specific to the engine management system either.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts