SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to upgrade my ECU and I like the BSR product because it allows me to return to stock programming easily. I'm having trouble however, understanding weather or not the stage one settings are ideal for my car given the mods ive already added. I have the GS intake, the 3'' DP, and the Preformance Exhaust already. Is the stage one BSR agressive enough given my mods. I cant understand if the only difference in the "stages" are the additional hardware or if the actual ecu is programed differently with each stage.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Id say your at stage 3 with your mods. The ecu is programmed differently to match the given hardware you can run stage 1, but you wouldnt get nearly the gain as you would with stage 3.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
be careful...

i know for the viggens, bsr does not make a program for the downpipe, so if you run there other program with one the a/fs are all off.

G

·
I second that, I also had the bsr program and went to gs 3inch dp. and was told repeatedly not to run 3inch dp pipe.this is also an issue on some volvos. unfortunately now i have a bsr box which is now a paper weight. I have decided to go with nicks tune at gs.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
2vwvwtech said:
I second that, I also had the bsr program and went to gs 3inch dp. and was told repeatedly not to run 3inch dp pipe.this is also an issue on some volvos. unfortunately now i have a bsr box which is now a paper weight. I have decided to go with nicks tune at gs.

yeah i was specifically speaking of your case, i spoke to you for awhile at carlisle in may.

G

·
man how time flys, anyway I feel there are alot better options than the bsr. When I did have it programed in the car I never flashed it back even when it went into the dealer for repair. it is almost impossible for a shop to know if your car has been flashed without going on test drives and capturing torque data and then comparing it with a known stock vehicle. and believe me us techs do not get payed to do this. I think bsr uses that as a big selling point. and besides i didnt feel to comfortable with being able to overwrite the ecm indefinately. to many bad things can happen. From all that I have read on these forums nordic or sqr seem to be the way to go. just wish christmas wasnt around the corner or i would have my order into nick. happy hollidays

1 - 7 of 7 Posts