SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along the motorway the other day, I heard a sound like a zipper coming down (zzziipppp...) When I looked around to try and see what had made it, I saw a one inch long crack on the left hand edge of the windscreen. Two minutes later it was 5 inches long.

After a couple of days, I have a 10 inch crack in the windscreen, and is gradually creeping across the screen. (Gets replaced tomorrow)

Anyone else had a screen go - I don't recall hearing anything hit it recently...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Noticed a 3" crack in the bottom centre of windscreen on Monday- Its now 9-10" long. Being replaced on Monday. Looks like a stone hit it as the start of the crack has a small crater.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Couple years ago a got a crack, it was actually a couple days after I took delivery. Driving on the highway and a nice size rock got kicked up by a truck. I had it replaced before my car was even two weeks old. No problems though, looks like it was never changed.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
My crack started 3 months ago bottom in front of wheel. Has moved slowly towards center but remains at bottom about 15 inches long, doesnt worry me. Will have to fork out about 100 USD, rest covered by insurance, will get the seat belt recall done at same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts