SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My blinker assembly came apart when I pushed it down to make a left hand turn. I thought the handle broke but that's not the case. It looks as if the assembly just broke? Difficult repair or easy? Anyone here replaced one? Can I interchange the parts with an 87 non turbo as mine is a 90 turbo? (One in the junkyard down the street)
Thanks in advance, Chris

·
Registered
517 Posts
Depends on what exactly is broken. If it's the pot metal case that's done for, I'd go find a used one. Check that the blinker will hold position -- these seem to wear out with time and I've had a few that will not hold, usually in the right turn position.

If it's the resin backing (or whatever it's made of) you may be able to glue it together. I recently rehabbed a blinker assembly so it will hold position and cracked this plastic/resin piece when I was putting it back together.

-*- Dan

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
The wiring for the indicator stalk did change at some point. I've seen the answer in the archives somewhere.

On a car I recently took to pieces, I saw that someone had fitted a late indicator stalk to an early car. So, even though the wiring's different you can bodge the job by messing around with the wiring (if you're so inclined).

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Matthew said:
The wiring for the indicator stalk did change at some point. I've seen the answer in the archives somewhere.

On a car I recently took to pieces, I saw that someone had fitted a late indicator stalk to an early car. So, even though the wiring's different you can bodge the job by messing around with the wiring (if you're so inclined).
Man, If I had only read that about 4 hours earlier. I went to the junkyard and found a blinker assembly sitting in the seat! It was from an 87 but the plug was different. I didn't buy it and just ordered one from the dealer. Oh, well thanks anyhow!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Only difference between the `86 aero and the `91 900s I own is the wiring for the cruise control. A change for my89 or 90 i think where the cc relay is removed from the circuit. You cant get the old stalk from saab anymore, but when you buy a new one you get the bits to alter the wiring in older cars. Dont know about cars older than 86 thogh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts