SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 93 convertible. The tonneau broke today. It isn't the same issues I've seen posted here... it's something entirely different. The actual cover that flips up and down is screwed in 4 places to the two metallic arms that raise it from flat to 90 degrees. The round plastic tips where the screws go completely separated from the bottom part of the tonneau. The tips are still screwed in to the raising arms, but their ends where they'd have stuck out of the bottom of the tonneau are literally torn off. It looks like the plastic equivalent of metal fatigue, but it happened to all 4 tips at the same time as I was putting the top back up. Somehow I got it to sit in place, closed the roof and was able to drive it home without any issues. But I'm wondering where I can even find this part. I think the stealership might have it, at a pretty high price, and I'm not sure if they'll even sell me just the plastic cover. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after endless searching and probing I was able to find it. It's Saab part number 5110218 for the tan tonneau and I found the entire assembly completed with motor and pins (unsheared) on the world's marketplace, eBay. Yes, it cost me 300 bucks but beats paying over 600 for just the part I needed and over a grand for the entire assembly. Best thing abut it, if there was one, if and when I get the sheared pin issue i'll have a ready to go replacement part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts