SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well I know that this topic have been discussed before. Today I did change winter tires for summer tires.
I remember this winter hearing a big clunk over the passenger side, I did not pay attention...doh !!!
Now after removing the passenger front wheel, and make an inspection before putting my summer tire, I've seen that the spring is broke, I have the broken piece in my trunk.
I have two questions...
1) Is it dangerous to drive with that spring broken, my steering wheel is okay, and the car is not lowered by that broken spring.
2) I found this letter from GM in another thread (see the following attachment), since I live in Montreal (Canada) is that enough showing that letter to a Saab Service dealer to make them a request to GM, so I don't have to pay a dime !!!

Thanks for all your help

Best regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
just go to Gravel à l'ile des soeurs with you letter

They will check your car that see that's broken and replace it..

i went there last week for mine but was already broke before i had the letter and replaced them myself with megan spring... they will do something for me because of that..

But just go there,, they give good service!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Go see Marcel Labrie at the service and tell him that its Sebastien with the black aero lowered that refered you ;)

1000 boul rene levesque, ile des soeurs
514-769-5353

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Sébastien,

Thanks for the info, it's really appreciated. I've already send an email, with the attached letter to Louis Leduc (technical advisor) at Gravel. I will wait their answer.

Is it a good idea to drive the car...Since i've heard the spring broke, two months ago ?
Do you think we can ask to change both of them ?

Sébastien, merci beaucoup de ta précieuse collaboration, je ne manquerais pas de salur Marcel Labrie de la part de Megan...LOLL

Mes salutations

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bonjour!

Thanks for the tips guys,
I also called GM Saab and they told me that it was indeed covered for us as well. Now I really didn't want to go to Parkway (Horrible) So I will definitely check out Gravel @ Ile des soeurs!

Thanks!

Lucas

·
Registered
691 Posts
fait plaisir !!

et oui il devrait changer les deux, c'est comme des freins, ca se change en pairs ;)

btw si ca tintéresse des meets cette été fait moi signe on essaie de se faire une gang dans le coin de mtl :cheesy:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Salut Sébastien,

Alors ma Batmobile est chez Gravel, j'ai également salué Marcel de ta part. il te dit un bonjour, et qu'il travaille encore sur ton cas pour les Coil Spring que tu lui as apporté.
En ce qui a trait les rencontres d'été, je suis partant c'est certains

Salutions et bonne journée

·
Registered
691 Posts
haha merci, justement je voulais l'appeler aujourd'hui ou demain pour savoir ce qu'il se passait à ce propos

laisse moi ton email en msg privé si tu veux et je te tiendrai au courrant;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
un post en francais!!
a quand un petit saab meeting in Montreal?!!!
des interessés?

·
Registered
691 Posts
nous le sommes héhé..

laisser moi vos email en msg privé.. je vais m'arranger pour organiser ca et vous tenir au courrant:cheesy:
Vector-SS vient du coin aussi donc on serait déja au moins 4!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Broken springs

Hello all,

Well I finally got my car today...this is so cool, cause you know since I bought this Saab I always hear som noise in the front suspension, especially on winter time.
But Gravel change both of my coil springs, and now the car is a real charm.

lxcxs : Go ahead with Gravel, bring a copy of the letter with, even if you never received it from GM, they will do the work...for free. But be aware that you will lost your car for at least two days.
They will give you a rental like me.. a beautiful Pontiac G5 (ouach) this car have no soul, that's why they are dead....long live for Saab

It's a great day first day of my life that I get out of the dealer without paying a dime...at $95.00 rate hummm

Best regards to all of you

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks alot Mespo, for the headsup.
I have to go soon, before spring really kicks in and I want to throw the car around for a nice drive..I'd be down for a meet as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Broken springs

Yeah I know sbl, but, you have to understand that I bring the car on Monday morning without any appointment.
They didn't have all the parts, on monday morning. So, on Tuesday the lady call me around 10h30, took the car at 18h00.
So isn't that bad...but think of it driving an G5 Pontiac for monday and tuesday......it's a crime.

Ohh, did you pay for your springs...i'm curious how much with labor ?

Best regards,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts