SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends, does anyone have any recommendations on where to order replacement coil springs or complete strut assemblies for my 2011 9-3X Wagon? finally took a Look under the car today and found this: Maybe with 100k miles it's just a good idea to replace everything on both sides? I don't necessarily want to lower the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are just wanting a better ride I would replace the struts/shocks and strut/shock mounts. The springs don't need to be replaced unless you have a lean (one person owner lean).

However that being said the one piece already assembled strut assemblies are far easier to install and have come down on price. I would be sure to check reviews because there are a lot of cheap brands out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thx issabalot. The front drivers side spring is broken, and yes, it appears there is a bit of a lean haha. What I am looking for is a part number or website/link where I can order the part(s) and find compatibility

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honestly Amazon or rock auto are good. Just make sure you put in all the details of your car. Read the full description cause sometimes they throw in there (except convertible) or something like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again, but Neither Amazon nor Rock Auto have springs or strut assemblies that say they are compatible with a 9-3X when I punch in my vehicle's details...

·
Registered
21 Posts
That stinks other than doing a generic Google search I use website which I posted earlier car-part.com . Basically I work at an auto shop and we use that to find used parts for any hard to find vehicles. I bet you could get a used set with low mileage for cheap or you could simply get some springs that aren't broken and replace the other parts with new parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts