6/b5/0.6
14/b6/0.4
B is bottom row
# is counted from left in the picture

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Is that dielectric grease on the connector face ???
No. No grease on it. Probably just light reflection.

I saw a video with a test light check on the DLC pin 16 and CIM connector pin 1. TL ground on body, TL probe on those two pins separately. I tried it and it blew the 5A fuse.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
That test cant blew the fuse if done properly .. u either used a high amp test light or LED , or did smthn wrong .
At this stage, with all these tests done (properly) and inconclusive, u will need a pro with scope and proper tools

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The test light is a standard incandescent model. I grounded to a bolt on the dash frame below the interior fuse box. The battery terminals on the main batter cables tend to throw a small spark when I put them on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I posted a similar question in the comments on the video. I was told "as user X explained to you in the [Saab Central] forum...] Nearly made me claustrophobic. :)

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
What he's saying is that blowing a 5a fuse means you drew more than 5a... that's a 60w bulb. Either you didn't have the probes where you think you did, or you drew more than 5a because the bulb is Very Big.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I checked my test light. It is a standard model using an incandescent 1893 12V blub which draws 4.6 Watts and 0.33 Amps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I had my car towed to a local mechanic. I called first to talk to him to find out if he might be able to handle the job or wanted it. He gave a good impression on the phone. Additional good info in person during drop off. His diagnostic tech had the scanner computer hooked up to the car before I left.

The current assessment is that the CIM went bad at some point right before or shortly after it was parked for the last 6+ months.

I am looking for a CIM module for this 2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero with 6 speed manual transmission.
Recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems rather excessively ridiculous to have all of these computer modules in this car, tucked behind a dozen different panels, screws, locks, and other items, and the engineers never thought to design the system so that it could show you what is working and not working unless you unplug each one individually. That is messed up.
Saab doesn't use splice packs like GM? You would figure with all the GM influence they would. On all my cars, the parallel-wired low speed bus comes together at an accessible, removeable header plug. If you're trying to diag a bus problem, you can remove the plug and jumper each individual (or more if you make a custom jumper) module to the DLC line....then test. Easy way to rule out bad modules without disconnecting each one. High speed devices are still daisy-chained however.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Precision ECU for CIM duplication?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The part numbers on the two CIM modules match. The mechanic said he tried a Tech2 and got nothing. I am shipping them off to Precision ECU today. Updates when units return.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Update: Precision ECU returned the new CIM cloned from the old CIM with the keys married.
I installed the CIM and there was no change. The mechanic tried again and said he didn't know what was wrong.

I moved the car to my preferred mechanic down the street. He was overwhelmed with work before which is why I tried the one that failed. The new mechanic "L" probed and tested the system without assuming anything. He found that the ABS module repair was flawed and it was still broken. The ABS module has been removed and it is on its way back to the repair center for warranty service. More details when it comes back and is installed.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts