SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My brother has a 6 cylinder 2000 9-5 with a broken hood release cable. The cable broke right before the first latch under the hood. His battery is dead but since we are unable to get the hood open we cannot jump start it.

I was able to get underneath the car and find the second half of the cable (still intact) and pull it to release the passenger side latch. However, we cannot find a way to get the driver side latch undone.

We have tried to reach up from underneath the car but we haven't had any luck with that because there isn't a clear path or any opening at all on the V6 model. Also, we tried prying the hood open with the passenger and middle latches both undone, but the driver side latch is holding strong.

Has anyone had experience with this problem? Currently the car has a dead battery so we cannot take it anywhere without a tow. The hood moves freely up and down on the passenger side due to that latch being released but is still stuck on the drivers side.

Any suggestions would be great since the car has been sitting still for a week now. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just looked at my car and perhaps a welding rod with a slight hook bent in the end could be inserted from the side of the car over the parking light and pulled toward you would let the catch unlock. Otherwise it just looks like you will have to throw the car away!

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
blueduramax
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing