SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm very happy about my Saab 900 so far, but one problem still plauges me; the passanger door.
The handle, on he inside of the door, has no strain it what so ever. You pull on it, and it's just swinging. I can open the door from the outside, just not the inside. I'm doing to guess a belt of some sort, but I'm not the original owner.
I'm kind of a fix it myself guy, so I guess maybe a diagram for dismantleing a door or any other door schematic would be great.

Thanks so much for any help!
Tom =]

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Get a Torx 30 (T30) screwdriver or bit and remove the door handle. You'll see that it clips onto the metal hook behind it - bet that's come off!

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the quick response. Unfortunatley the largest Tox I've got is a T25! Drat!

So tommorow my dad will get one from work and I'll take a look. So you think that the clip just slipped off or broke off?
If it broke off then how much would it be to buy a new clip?

Thanks,
Tom =]

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Its all metal so it will most likely just have unclipped - its fairly easily done, you'll see what I mean tomorrow!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
http://www.saabcentral.com/~munki/technical/interior/front_door_card.htm

Door panel removal is nigh intuitive - its that easy. The English call this door panel a "card"....

Probably the PO had the panel off, having fooled around with something.. speakers ???
See what is missing ? or broken ??
Epoxy is a wonderful substance.
Plastic cable ties are great as well.

Dealer prices are generally very high, but everything has become costly, except Chinese made goods....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts