SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the 'one way' check valve is a common failure point for 2004+ 9-5's. The previous owner or repair shop repaired it with some kind of foam adhesive that was leaking badly.

Should be simple enough to find, however, I'm having a hard time identifying the part on the rockauto, eeuro, saabsite, jimellissaabparts / etc. No idea whether if its a emissions / fuel / PVC or some other related part.

I used some epoxy on the part and would like to replace it. Does anyone have a link or part number ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Also - you may need to replace the rubber hose (attaches to the check valve on its left side) if it is cracked or damaged. Mine was OK so I left it and just replaced the aforementioned hose & check valve.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SAAB PCV Valve Hose and SAAB Oil Trap Hose

Thanks guys. I also checked with eeuroparts and the suggestions are the same.

The part is described as:

SAAB PCV Valve Hose - Genuine SAAB 5955927

SAAB Oil Trap Hose - Proparts 21345927

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is the valve discussed in this thread considered to be the "PCV valve" on a 2006 2.3T or not? If not, then where is the PCV valve? I just changed it on my wife's 2007 Subaru and wondering what Saab did with the old fashioned PCV?

I've searched the forum but remain confused. ;oops:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've gone aluminium as well. Requires a custom adaptor to mate with the rigid plastic pipe, I believe I used 8 or 10 mm ID fuel hose. IIRC, get a valve to fit the rubber pipe to the throttle body, and adapt the other end. Don't use silicone, it will eventually weep.

While you're at it, the NRVs on the evaporation system are prone to not sealing properly. The rubber diaphragm gets obstructed with dirt. Thy are also heat sealed into rigid plastic pipe like the PCV, so direct replacement is awkward. I just replaced the whole length from the evaporation control valve to the back of the throttle body with 6mm ID fuel hose, incorporating aluminium NRV.

there will be one or two, depending on car's year. I believe it went to a simplified one-NRV system around 2005.

Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts