SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inner of the pulley separated from the outer - made itself obvious by shooting out lots of sparks and smoke. All the nearby salvage yards are fresh out of pulleys and compressors for any model SAAB.

The big question is - is there an AC pulley of another brand of car (GM perhaps) that matches up to the compressor for a 2000 9-3 SE?

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
There's a guy who sells bearings and clutch kits for our cars that does a lot of rebuilds in his shop. If anyone would know, it's him. He's very helpful and he might have what you need in stock, complete with a new bearing.

Search this site for "adam" and "compressor" and you should find his number. If you can't find it, post again or PM me and I will search my records.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a guy who sells bearings and clutch kits for our cars that does a lot of rebuilds in his shop. If anyone would know, it's him. He's very helpful and he might have what you need in stock, complete with a new bearing.

Search this site for "adam" and "compressor" and you should find his number. If you can't find it, post again or PM me and I will search my records.
Yup, talked to Adam. Ordered a bearing from him, but he doesn't have any pulleys.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Did he have any ideas on matching the pulley from other cars?

If you can't find a match, you might need to hit up an on-line junkyard - chuck and eddie, goldwing, etc.

Maybe post an "a/c pulley wanted" ad in the classifieds - lots of folks replace their compressor rather than repair it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did he have any ideas on matching the pulley from other cars?

If you can't find a match, you might need to hit up an on-line junkyard - chuck and eddie, goldwing, etc.

Maybe post an "a/c pulley wanted" ad in the classifieds - lots of folks replace their compressor rather than repair it.
Was trying to keep it nearby, but I have tried out of the area and part outs. The consensus was....it's not worth it to pull off a pulley and leave a worthless compressor. My best hope now is to find an unsalvageable compressor for cheap...whether it's from a saab or not as long as the pulley is compatible.

So back to the same question, where can I find a pulley off of a non-saab? What was made by GM with the same 2.0 around 2000?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts