SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When cleaning out the engine bay ;oops: . I must have leaned on a vacuum tube and one of the little hoses on the white plug snapped off. I have
superglued (bodge!) it back on and the car runs but I will order a new one.

Anyone know what it is called, and is it easy to replace?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
how hard does it look to replace...

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's very simple. Just pull the old one out and put the new one in. I would also recomend replacing the rubber bushing (part number 75 15 208) that fits around it. It's probaly the origional and needs to go.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I think all those bits get brittle and break

I've broken my heater inlet/outlet pipe and the vaccum nipple on the cam cover in 1 week, only had it 3 weeks!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't feel bad about it rawill, it was not as bad as the time I drilled into my perfectly good AC rad and had to replace and regas it ;oops:

We are moving over to NZ late Jan, Auckland. How easy is it to find Classic 900s there? Selling my Ruby here :(

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
rawill said:
I've broken my heater inlet/outlet pipe and the vaccum nipple on the cam cover in 1 week, only had it 3 weeks!!!
At the Kodak meet, EJenner took one look at mine, and asked I realised if that nipple on the cam cover was snapped... I didn't, because it wasn't last time I'd opened the bonnet...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Nbell welcome

We were in The New Forest recently, went to Beaulieu to the Motor Museum, Bath, Salisbury and Stonehenge.

You can get 900s here fine. www.trademe.co.nz and put Saab 900 in the search engine. Many came on from Singapore.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some of the convertibles look pretty good...do you have any trouble tracking down spares?

How did you like the New Forest? Pretty nice place eh.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Yes loved The New Forest - but

all UK and Europe was new for us, we spent 8 weeks over there, month in UK, month in Italy and Czech Republic. Salisbury, Bath, Stonehenge, Anglesey, Carlisle, Whitley Bay, Swindon Edinburgh Stratford upon Avon, York.

Great fun.

Parts are available, new (dealer) parts can be an ok price but some are over the top, like the heater valve, $338 (NZ), but in US $69 (US)so better to import some parts at times. Also some good used parts for sale, like the heater valve, $60.00 NZ. I am going to fix mine and then get one in from US for when it finally goes.

Some of the new parts are held in Aust, but the time is between 3-5 days to get them, for me anyway. I order my parts through the nearest dealer, in Christchurch, about 600km from me. My alternator bushes took 5 days to get here. No worries for me I have enough cars! 1 off the road is no drama!

I like the 900s vert, I reckon it looks good.

When you get here you will have to visit the "real NZ" outside Auckland!! Ooops I will be in trouble with the locals.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rawill said:
When you get here you will have to visit the "real NZ" outside Auckland!!
Sure, we hope to get around and see as much as possible. My gf's job is Auckland based but they will probably get her to travel about.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dr. Claw said:
.. I would also recomend replacing the rubber bushing (part number 75 15 208) that fits around it. It's probaly the origional and needs to go.
You were quite right. It looked like a one minute job to replace it. I pulled the old intake nipple out then the rubber bushing. The bottom half of the bushing stayed in place - it had perished. Then as I tried to retrieve it it fell through into the chamber behind the throttle ;oops:

So watch out for this if you change one. I had to take the i/c pipe off the front of the throttle, hold open the butterfly and retrieve the perished half with a bent coat hanger....so not exactly the two minute job I thought.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi nbell,

Same thing happened to me when I changed that rubber bushing. Did the whole engine + vacuum hoses when I first got my 900. Lucky for me I dont' have an intercooler, just the turbo output pipe to remove. I live in Chch, we have a decent wreckers here (ansell eurospares, very friendly, quick and they can courier) and u do get people wrecking them on trademe.co.nz once in a while which can be used to stock up on parts. I haven't bought any parts from the dealers here (Miles Continental) but have bought them from parts for saabs and eeuroparts. I asked the dealers for a price on a thermo fan switch and they wanted NZD75! Crazy, I bought it for 4-5 USD instead on eeuroparts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts