SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car key was broken when i tried to turn my ignition out of lock, now i cant start the car because the ignition is locked. what do i need to do?

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
You can usually use something small (wire, pin etc) to get the small end piece out of the ignition.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So your putting your key in and it just wont turn? Sometimes jiggling the key a bit and moving the shifter around a bit if its in reverse will help.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
break out bently...look at the wiring diagram, and hotwire it :lol:. could also use a big flathead or prybar to break the spindle and force the car on :lol: thats not recommended though:eek:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
it's easy :cheesy: take off the console piece over the ignition switch, grab the wires, put all the wires except the grey wire together, then pop it out of reverse (sometimes takes some force, but it'll go), then touch the grey wire to the others, and presto, it's started :lol:

EDIT: this method does involve destroying your reverse lock, just a heads up

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
lol, i dunno, that was the first thing i tried when i lost my keys :roll: since then i've converted to switch+ button ignition... mainly because the ignition switch was rendered useless :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this info is probably a little late now, but you could probably put the broken piece back in the ignition and THEN try to turn it with a screwdriver or something.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Just as a tip, most places that make duplicate keys will not have the Saab key. I worked at a hardware store and was playing around when I found that VW blank could be cut to make at working key. The ACE hardware key blank is "VW23."

Just throwing it out there if you are pulling your hair out looking for a blank. I cut this one to open my doors and keep in my wallet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts