SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 900se 5-speed 240k on car 20k on motor/trans(or so he said)
Had car for about 3 months no big problems, today whilst driving let off the clutch around 10mph to put it into 1st and continued accelerating, all of a sudden terrible grinding sound from the car, as i was trying to shift without pressing the clutch!! pulled over..it wont drive every gear grinds, the kicker is..when i put it in reverse to get my key out, the car still rolls as if its in neutral!?!? ..should i junk it??motor/turbo runs so good.. could the clutch cable ive heard so much about be the culprit? please any help

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
If the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor with no pressure, it's probably the clutch cable. If you can feel resistance, it's not the clutch cable.

The first thing that I would check is the shifter shaft connection on the transmission - under the hood at the rear of the transmission. It may have come loose or slipped a little if it wasn't tight... Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:/ darn..there is pressure in the pedal when i adjust it all the way out, it starts to budge before grinding loudly..when i shift i can hear it engaging and will try to move..but i stop cause of the noise..i mean it goes into reverse and moves..i am very new with manuals sadly..i am trying..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a master or slave cylinder issue. Sadly, you will probably have to have it towed to your favorite local repair shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got the dreaded call...the shop says i need : clutch, clutch cable, flywheel,1st and 2nd gear, trans flush, both axls are snapped,1750$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts