SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're bringing her home tomorrow, to keep the SPG company. :D

1992 c900 convertible, 108,000 miles.

New clutch master, timing chain tensioner, brake pads, and recent tires. It'll need new canvas, and work on the AC, but otherwise it's in great shape! Couldn't find a spec of rust whatsoever, but it's got a few dings here and there.

The car drives great, and it's in fine mechanical condition. She's been well-pampered, so she shouldn't mind me wanting to toy with the engine a smidge in the near future to make up for the lack of turbo. ;)

~Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
escalator guru said:
Oooh she looks good, congrats on a good find. is this a Mrs. Josh-mobile?
It's looking like it's going to be a whoeverwakesupfirstinthemorning-mobile. On top of that, it sounds like she plans on blocking me in with the Civic, so that I'm forced to take that to work in the mornings. Hrm, but if I can block the Civic with the SPG, then... ;)

It's to be a shared car, though she'll probably drive it a smidge more than me, at least for the summer as she's taking the kids to the waterpark a lot. We are going to try to do a beach trip in the vert soonish though. :)

Matthew said:
Very nice motor Josh :)
Indeed it is. The hood and trunk are both freshly painted too. It was dinged by a shopping cart, and the last owner had them painted.

~Josh

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Mrs. Areomyst said:
He may deny it, but he knows it is definately a Mrs. Josh mobile.
MRS. JOSH! Holy crap, it's just like old times! You're gonna love it... the 'verts are really nice. I've always wanted one. Turbo, of course ;)

And welcome to SC.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
agreed

the turbo verts are AMAZING. i have a crazy saab fanatic relative who used ot own a turbo vert. he used to scare the living crap outta me in it when i was a kid. since gm has started to destroy saab (DAMN U GM!!! :evil: ) he has switched to volvo. not a bad move as its the next best thing. but still. a volvo? SAABS ARE BETTER.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
saabchilten said:
since gm has started to destroy saab (DAMN U GM!!! :evil:
One small point. The subject 'GM killed Saab' has been done to death on these forums, and doesn't really need reigniting. I wouldn't have mentioned it except that you have put the same thing in a post in the C900 Performance forum here . If you were to try the same in the Lounge there would be a hell of a row as many Saab owners - some of whom visit the C900 forums - do not share this point of view, and the thread would probably get locked. Just something to bear in mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
escalator guru said:
MRS. JOSH! Holy crap, it's just like old times! You're gonna love it... the 'verts are really nice. I've always wanted one. Turbo, of course ;)

And welcome to SC.
I am pretty sure the only reason I am allowed to refer to her as mine is the lack of turbo. She drives great but just doesn't have the same kick as his SPG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts