SaabCentral Forums banner

Brew City Boost Stage 2 or Catalog Kit Side Skirts?

• Brew City Boost Stage 2

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Catalog Kit Side Skirts

Votes: 5 12.5%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got several projects planned for the summer. I know for sure that I'm lowering her (my 07' 2.0T SS) on Koni Yellow's and H&R springs and I'm finally gonna tint the windows with 35%. However... I've got one more project that I can't decide what to do. It's between finally tuning my car or adding the catalog side skirts to match with my aero front and rear lip. I can go straight to the BCB stage 2 tune because I have an optiflow and a maptun catback... however... I just absolutely hate the inconsistency with my current body kit.

Any thoughts?

The catalog kit with paint would run me about $400 whereas the BCB tune would run me about $375 so they're almost the same cost.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Where the hell are you getting the catalog kit for 400.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where the hell are you getting the catalog kit for 400.

Haha no it's just the Side Skirts from my local dealer. They're $194.94 plus $200 for painting at my local shop. I only need the skirts because I already have the aero front lip and the rear lip

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
ahhh gotcha. I figured you just had the areo front lip. I was gonna say 400 for the skirts and rear lip would be great. I just have the front lip.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh gotcha. I figured you just had the areo front lip. I was gonna say 400 for the skirts and rear lip would be great. I just have the front lip.
Haha I wish I could get all of that for $400! But nah these are just for the side skirts...

Do you have the catalog kit lip?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got BCB stg2 you will not regret it. Performance first : )
haha I just feel like they made our cars so underpowered out of the factory so I'm looking for that extra boost.

How much HP are you pushing? Casey says I'll have around 265 but I'm really scared of frying the clutch because on the JZW site he says 265hp will eventually cause a stock clutch to slip:eek:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yup thats what I got. I had his stage 1 since January and just got stage 2 Wednesday I believe. Definetely feel the torque and power. I'm going to be making some videos got him comparing the 2 stages, just waiting to get my ngk's put in

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Cars that look fast but aren't fast :nono;

More power ;ol;

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry to Jack thread. Where is BCB located? Do you need to buy an second hand ecu for tuning?

Also go for the stage 2 tune. Speed>looks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tune... hands down.

The front lip of the kit is the only piece worth spending all the extra money on IMO and you already have that. BCB ;ol;

1 - 20 of 37 Posts