SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Okay , Ontario genius, dont have to take it personnaly if your hockey team are as good as a grass milkshake during a cold november night..

Secondly , the pics in the driveway aint good, it has more clearance in front than pictured since the ground is not level.

Car will be a bit higher in the front , now the way it sit it has the ''rake'' look a bit. So what was the ''practical'' level of the car? What is the standart level to have? I'd like to see a pic of your ride if youd like and will let people judge wich is ricer and all, ill start....

-Big brake kit, check
-Coilover , check
-stanced, check
-clean simple look, check
-Ontarion hating, check

Its all good,nice evening buddy;ol;
That looks hot.
This is how your car is supposed to look like according to tukan (quick chop using a laptop pad thats why it looks like ****)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
in 1k miles you may want to re move the pads and look at them...i checked mine on sunday....the outter edge of the pad has made 0 contact with the rotor, you can tell bc the outter 1mm of the pads still has 100% of its material vs the other 90% of the surface that has been touching is wore down maybe 1mm...so you see a lip on the outter part of the pad....only solution for this is to use a cobalt rotor so 100% contact is made, to do this you will need to have the hub bore bored out to 70mm...found a local shop who will do both rotors for $40...so thats what i plan is going to be...going to buy some R1concepts premium slotted rotors and have the shop bore out the hub bore..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Did you bore out the cobalt rotors yet?
not yet, but good news is R1concepts can bore them out for me :p so when they arrive i just have to install them :p

The cost for that is a extra $40, which is what the machine shop was gunna charge me...money has been a little tight right now, but its still on my to do list...i need new front and rear rotor, so im saving to get them all at once....

as a FYI to others, there are like 3 sets of brembos on ebay right now for 200-350 for the pair

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
in 1k miles you may want to re move the pads and look at them...i checked mine on sunday....the outter edge of the pad has made 0 contact with the rotor, you can tell bc the outter 1mm of the pads still has 100% of its material vs the other 90% of the surface that has been touching is wore down maybe 1mm...so you see a lip on the outter part of the pad....only solution for this is to use a cobalt rotor so 100% contact is made, to do this you will need to have the hub bore bored out to 70mm...found a local shop who will do both rotors for $40...so thats what i plan is going to be...going to buy some R1concepts premium slotted rotors and have the shop bore out the hub bore..
Checked mine last week and it was making contact everywhere...thats odd. I'll look later on but i dont see why i wouldnt make full contact further down the road.

This week-end ill tackel the rear brake job, is it normal to have vented rear disc (292mm) on an 03 Vector? I tought they were solid rear on our cars

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Checked mine last week and it was making contact everywhere...thats odd. I'll look later on but i dont see why i wouldnt make full contact further down the road.

This week-end ill tackel the rear brake job, is it normal to have vented rear disc (292mm) on an 03 Vector? I tought they were solid rear on our cars
no....

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
:D

Nice video Chris , but at least it get your post count up i guess, thats cool , it gets you some thing to talk to your buddys :D
yup thats totaly what im doing here right now upping my post count cuz that really matters, and its totally like ive been posting in the most recent threads for the past 2 3 months...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
yup thats totaly what im doing here right now upping my post count cuz that really matters, and its totally like ive been posting in the most recent threads for the past 2 3 months...
Well youve been pretty useless in mine i could say. Like we say, let kids be kids i guess.

J2N, have you check back your inner pads to see if by the last time the wear on the inside has been even?

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Well youve been pretty useless in mine i could say. Like we say, let kids be kids i guess.

J2N, have you check back your inner pads to see if by the last time the wear on the inside has been even?
yup im the most useless community member here ;ol; i only know more about the auto trans in this car then most everyone and i know the guts of the motor like the back of my hand. oh and not to mention i have helped more members here put parts on their car than alot of people so no im not useful.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
havent gone back to check, i doubt much has changed...Ill just replace the pads when i get the r1rotors

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks awesome! if you don't me asking...where you get your hoses?

I've gathered all my stuff to get ready to swap my Brembo setup and used some infos on J2N thread about his car and what he wrote about is install. But their is definately some difference between 03-05 and 06+

The difference are not that big but will prolly help those who may attemps the swap in the future.

Complete swap costed me 500$or so
-349$ Caliper off ebay (that was a steal)
-120$ both disc
-65$ front pads
-10-20$ misc

What was needed
-M12x1.75x 35mm (40MM bolt are to long and will hit the disc thsu making the rotor impossible to turn)
-Metal plyer and cutter (Dust shiel is too small to let the 12.36 (314mm disc fit in)
-Keep stock brake line by removing C-clips will have enought lenght.

Tips;
-Dont try to remove the whole caliper in one with the bracket, remove the caliper , that way youll have more room to fit your wrench on the upper bolt , thus eliminating chance of strpping it like i almost did

No some pics of the above

Here's how I hacked the dust shiel , looks gettho , but it was that or removing it completely, prefer that way as it serve a purpose, stock 302MM disc was flush with the shiel, no chance the 314mm could fit

Dont have pics of the rotor not fitting tough but it definately didnt fit in there.

When bolting the brake line re-use both Cobalt crush washer along with both Saab one, prevent leaks and more secure, only cobalt washer and it was leaking for me

Both side done

Final result look awsome , with the red OEM finish and white decals

Im running 15MM spacer in front, but even without them it would clear the Caliper no problem, so for those not running spacer it will fit perfectly

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The stock Saab hose will be long enought to fit. You just unclip them from the stock retaining place and its long enough
^^^ this...its what i did when i did my install, its in the how to i made for the brembos too

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
u using shims on your brembos?
u don't really need them, although OEM pads come with the thinnest little shim ever, its a negligible thinkcness though...think its to keep the brake system quiet more than it is to be used to make up for rotor thickness

21 - 40 of 313 Posts