SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please don't flame me. I'm not saying you guys are wrong. Just having a discussion and edumecating myself
No judgement friend, we're just trying to help you save a buck. Simply cost verses the benifit.

If they are off a Camaro, you wouldn't happen to know the part numbers?. I live in Australia, so shipping for something as heavy as this would cost my left nut. If I have the part number, I can see if I can buy 1 caliper locally and see if it fits.
Even if you found the correct caliper local, you would still need to source the rotors. 14.5" rotors never came factory on a GM 5x110 bolt patterned car. ZZP redrills an entirely different bolt pattern rotor to the 5x110 (notice the 10 lug holes). Everytime you need rotors, you would have to get them through ZZP. Certainly not worth the hassle on a maintenance item. Especially since you're in a different country!

At least with the Cobalt brembo option, you can use the factory Saab aero 314mm rotors with no machining needed. You can piece together the cobalt brembo option on your own for half the cost of the ZZP kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No judgement friend, we're just trying to help you save a buck. Simply cost verses the benifit.

Even if you found the correct caliper local, you would still need to source the rotors. 14.5" rotors never came factory on a GM 5x110 bolt patterned car. ZZP redrills an entirely different bolt pattern rotor to the 5x110 (notice the 10 lug holes). Everytime you need rotors, you would have to get them through ZZP. Certainly not worth the hassle on a maintenance item. Especially since you're in a different country!

At least with the Cobalt brembo option, you can use the factory Saab aero 314mm rotors with no machining needed. You can piece together the cobalt brembo option on your own for half the cost of the ZZP kit.

Excellent point about the rotors. I'm determined to go bigger though. I wonder if these calipers would work with 345mm Turbo X rotors?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111441927437?ul_noapp=true

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Bigger is not always better. You said that earlier and now you are sucked into the 345 vs 314 mm rotor diameter. In fact the swept pad area of the camaro rear kit is less than the swept pad area of the cobalt conversion.

there might be a slight difference in clamping effort with the larger diameter rotor but I bet you could not tell the difference.

so in this case stick with what works, spend less money and try not to reinvent the wheel and fall into the bigger/better trap.

my advice.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts