SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my aero for a couple months now with no complaints, but now...

The little breaker box that sits on top of the battery has been tripping quite a bit lately.
It did it a couple times in heavy rain...i just attributed it to getting moisture.
Now it is doing it a couple times a week in the dry.

Is there something that would cause it to trip? Do they go bad and need replaced (if so where could i get a new one)

Its getting annoying popping the hood in random parking lots and taking the shield off just to push a button.....but I am more concerned that one of these times it won't reset and I'll be stuck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump..anyone?

i have tried searching with no luck besides a little talk about the breaker being to disable the power in an accident.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Dunno. Suggest buying a used one off the people parting cars in the classifieds?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
From the WIS:

"The disconnector is supplied with + voltage on pin 4 and grounded on pin 3. It is grounded in the control module."

"When the conditions of a head-on collision have been met, the airbag control module activates the disconnector by supplying + voltage from control module pin 66 to battery disconnector pin 1 and grounding control module pin 67 to battery disconnector pin 2."

So, you could have a bad:

Battery disconnector, airbag control module, or wiring harness.

If it was me, I would consider disconnecting the control leads at the disconnector for test purposes. If it begins to work correctly, then you can suspect the wiring harness or air bag module... Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts