SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wheel wobble when breaking at around 50mph.Have changed break pads & discs on front.Still got the wobble. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering wheel judders/shakes when breaking over 50mph.Do you know the name of the part that holds the break disc onto the car, is it the wheel hub?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
its usually an indication of a warped brake disc rotor. The spindle/hub is what the rotor is attached to, and doesn't usually go bad.

When you brake hard or from high speed to a stop the brake rotor usually begins to overheat which causes warpage, hence the reason why people upgrade the rims to a larger diameter to accomidate a larger disc rotor to help eleviate brake fade and warping.

It should be noted also that it is important to tighten the wheel lug nuts to the correct torque specification to aid in resisting brake disc rotor warping

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Flavell1 said:
I have wheel wobble when breaking at around 50mph.Have changed break pads & discs on front.Still got the wobble. Any suggestions?
Given that the wheels and rotors were properly mounted and that the brake pads were correctly installed; I would think that this "wobble" existed before the work..
Of course, the "wobble" is actually a shimmy or an out of balance condition caused by anything that rotates(rotor, wheel, tire, mud)..:cheesy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts