SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 ss vector that needs new pads rotors and rear right and left calipers(they are starting to seize).... im having a hard time tying to locate proper specs and also a north amarican company that sells them for good prices

·
Registered
183 Posts
You could always get some calipers off of a wrecked Saab on Ebay. Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The auction is for a front left caliper, but all you'd have to do is send them an email and check and see if the two rear calipers are available for sale and if they're in good working condition. It looks like you might be able to get both calipers with shipping to Canada for maybe around $100. Just ask them.

And there's plenty of different options for brakes and rotors, including ebay if you want to go that route......I actually got my rotors and pads off of ebay (from BrakeMotive76, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad715449d). They work great, stop on a dime, don't vibrate, don't squeal, look great and don't have an ounce of rust on them;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just ordered r1concept premium cross drilled and slotted rotors. Heard good reviews from them. And also bought ebc red stuff ceramic pads. Just measure your rotors by taking off your wheel.

r1concepts.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh johnnymoss, and just in case you didn't know, the Aero and Arc have the same size rotors and pads (and the Aero and Vector are the same vehicle). So any set that says Arc, Aero or Vector will fit your car.

Edit: Guess this isn't true in all cases, sorry. Read posts below...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh johnnymoss, and just in case you didn't know, the Aero and Arc have the same size rotors and pads (and the Aero and Vector are the same vehicle). So any set that says Arc, Aero or Vector will fit your car.
Let's be clear about one thing... the only way (yes, the ONLY way) to tell what size rotors you have is to pull out a tape measure. There are many threads on this board about Saab putting small rotors/calipers on the Aero, large rotors/calipers on the Linear, and everything in between. I speak from first hand experience, and I saw evidence here that I was not alone.

Trust me... just measure it and potentially save yourself a giant headache.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Let's be clear about one thing... the only way (yes, the ONLY way) to tell what size rotors you have is to pull out a tape measure. There are many threads on this board about Saab putting small rotors/calipers on the Aero, large rotors/calipers on the Linear, and everything in between. I speak from first hand experience, and I saw evidence here that I was not alone.

Trust me... just measure it and potentially save yourself a giant headache.
Oh, never knew that was an issue:confused: Glad that didn't happen to me though. Thanks for correcting that for future readers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts