SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I posted a while back about the potential purchase of an '89 900S, and I asked about the transmission. Well, here's how that turned out: I OWN IT!

And I couldn't be happier. Despite some expected minor problems, the thing is just so very lovable. I totally dig driving it. It's slug-gray and has the great chrome trim and door handles that dissapeared after 1991 or whatever.

I hope the heated seats work. Is there a way to test them when it's not cold out? And how do you work the cruise control? I'm quite certain mine isn't working (I will be getting it fixed. I love cruise control.) but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I know this board is one of the best resources on the entire internet, so I must thank everyone for putting time into this and being there for all us Saabophiles. I'll be posting again I'm sure.

Happy Saabing,
Jackson

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Slug-grey - nice :lol:

Heated seats - there is a guide on how to repair them here. Somehwre in that lot should be details of where the thermostat in the seat is. This causes it to activate at temperatures below 12ºC. You could recreate this by spraying something cold on the thermostat sensor, wherever it is. If you can't find it in that article try a search of the forums (this is my way of saying I can't remember) ;) .

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
u have an "s" modle. there is a switch under the headlight switch with 3 settings, crank her up to three, if no heat in 5 minutes if at all most liekly a break in the elelmnts, very straight foreward repair, however takes some time. did it myself but stopped working yesterday. its summer anywho. i wil fix then again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys. I searched the forums for the cruise control and didn't really find much, because there's not much I'd feel confident enough to do myself at this point. I checked the fuses though, and the CC fuse is intact.. since it's the same fuse for the power mirrors, and they work just fine.

Where are the fuses for the stereo system and the power locks? I want to check those but I couldn't find either of them in the fuse box under the hood.

As for the heated seats, there's no switch under the headlight knob. There's a place for one to go but there's just a plain cover on it. What would that switch have been for? I think I'll just forget about it and wait till winter. It would be such a nice warm surprise.

Thaanks everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
cactusleaf
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing