SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up what cardyourcar said was one of the last kits from the Hirsch factory (shocks and springs)...Not sure that if that's true but it seems possible given the age of the car.

Anyways, put the spring and shocks on my 2005 9-5 Aero. Both my saab mechanic and I were surprised by how soft the shocks felt.

The most surprising thing is the crashing or whatever you want to call it(bone rattled loud knock or bang). Happens when I go over a bump or quick dip and incline- it is so loud and feels terrible.

I get the same thing to a lesser extend when cornering, or taking a longer curve as I go over a minor bump.

These shocks and springs are meant to go together and are made by a very reputable company so I'm surprised that I may in fact be hitting my bump stops. Seems like the whole point of buying shocks and springs in a set...

Any recommendations for what to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I have a complete Hirsch Suspension with about 125k on it, never had an issue like this. It was firm (and low) but never bottomed

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, my mechanic says it is the bump stops he put on, which were cheaper and didn't have a belt... Need to read up on the topic, but I'm surprised it would come to depending on the bump stops.

I'll see soon if that fixes it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts