SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I presented myself on the "cofeeshop" and got too little feedback there, so I guess that wasnt' the best place to do it. So here I am again, telling everyone that I'm buying a 2001 9-5 Aero with 54.000 miles (87.000kms) and just can't wait for the next weekend to go get him!

I asked the dealer to change the front discs for new ones, since they were really worned out, but later I asked myself if they're going to put the appropriate ones there... Should I be aware of troubles regarding aftermarket brakes on the Aero?

I'm not new with SAAB's, since my father also has one, which is parked on a garage waiting to become a classic ;) it's a 1987 900 GLS, with carburetors. Great car, more than 125.000 miles and no signs of problems, apart from those small things that a 18 year car is expected to have.

Sorry if my english isn't the most perfect, I need to practise a bit, since I'm not a native english speaker.

Regards

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with another brand either. Most of us are running non Saab brake discs as performance upgrades with no worries. :cheesy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. One thing I noticed, is that I write SAAB always in capitals and most of you guys write it like Saab... I guess it's something like an european thing... or maybe just me... (hehe). I wouldn't write Bmw or Umm (Portuguese 4x4 brand of vehicles - now extincted), since every letter is the first of a word. Crazy way of thinking heh? :roll:

Well then, I guess next thursday will be one of the happiest days of my life (and it ain't a brand new SAAB). I will post some pics then.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
L4G4RT0 said:
Well then, I guess next thursday will be one of the happiest days of my life (and it ain't a brand new SAAB). I will post some pics then.
We look forward to seeing them ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
You're supposed to write it SAAB, but most of us are lazy. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts