SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of questions and concerns:

Is changing the serpentine belt something I could do myself in the driveway, if yes any instructions? DO the pulleys and tensioners need to also be changed?

I've got about 56k miles and the pads need changing and i was thinking of the Pagid or Black Diamond ones from partsforsaabs, anybody have any experience?

Is changing the pads something i could do, as i'm kind of iffy because of the caliper springs and all the little components i'm not too sure about

How do i know if the rotors will need changing?

Would there be any problems if I used ATE Super Blue brake fluid?

How much brake fluid does it take, to fluch the system out also?

Should I stick with Saab ATF (automatic transmission fluid) or use somethgin like Redline, Royal Purple, Castrol?

Yeah, putting everything off and eventually you have to do a lot of maintenance like me. TIA

G

·
SIlverAero said:
I've got a couple of questions and concerns:

Is changing the serpentine belt something I could do myself in the driveway, if yes any instructions? DO the pulleys and tensioners need to also be changed?

I've got about 56k miles and the pads need changing and i was thinking of the Pagid or Black Diamond ones from partsforsaabs, anybody have any experience?

Is changing the pads something i could do, as i'm kind of iffy because of the caliper springs and all the little components i'm not too sure about

How do i know if the rotors will need changing?

Would there be any problems if I used ATE Super Blue brake fluid?

How much brake fluid does it take, to fluch the system out also?

Should I stick with Saab ATF (automatic transmission fluid) or use somethgin like Redline, Royal Purple, Castrol?

Yeah, putting everything off and eventually you have to do a lot of maintenance like me. TIA
Silver aero, sounds like youve got a busy weekend comming up :eek: The jobs you have listed are all things that you can do yourself, if you are ok at car diy, non of them are particularly hard. I would however recommend that you purchase a copy of the "Haynes" manual it gives full description of all the jobs you mention. It is available from Parts for Saab. The Pagid and Black diamond fast road pads are basically the same pad and are a great first brake upgrade. As for your disks have a feel with your finger, if the outside lip is getting to deep or if there are and big scores then its probabaly time to change. I would stick with the Saab ATF fluid. You can use any DOT 4 brake fluid, I have just changed mine over to mineral.. Serpentine belt and brake pads are a fairly easy job too :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts