SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brake Warning Lamp

Hi all

its been a while sice i last posted i seem to have got right into a PC game :)

hope every one had a Good Chritmas,

anyway i got this warning lamp on, well two actually,
1 being the breake warning
2 being the triangle with ! in it

this seems to happen as i brake and cornor, but it can sometimes go it under resonable braeking in a stright line, its seems to me like the leavels are low and when i swish her about a little on comes the warnings, but i am beging to think this is not the problem as my leavals seem ok, well maybe a little low but i do not want to fill it as my pads must be getting low, had them about 10.000 miles.

any way would any one know what may have gone belly up....the car always stops well,, so it must be a sensor or something

any ideas welcome

regards Paul

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If you drove 10.000 Miles with your pads, your fluid level shouldn´t be low. The fluid level should be only low, if the front and rear pads are at minimum thickness. So you should top up your fluid and check for leaks.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yaw Sensor?

I seem to remember a thread where someone had a similar problem - but it then developed to the lights were on all the time.

Dealer Thought it was the ABS but it was replaced and did not clear the code.

A yaw sensor malfunction was detected by a Tech II scan, Yaw sensor replaced then the light went away.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

well i think you my have found the solution

the fluid is not that low, its only slightly below the mark, i originly thought it was leaking out the tank due to hard cornering, but could see no sign of that,

but what you mentioned about yar seems spot on,, it only does it when i dip the noise, the car is breaking down hill, quick run ups to round a bouts, and always braking and exsiting round a bouts.

so would any one know how much a yar sensor may be and is it something i could do, i have access to a Ramp at Hunters Land Rover, and one of thier guys to help out

all posts are very much appriciated

Paul

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mot

Hi all

Just had my MOT and was a little worried about emissions, due to the Abbott’s exhaust. But was all good after the cat got warm.

Anyway to add further input to my warning lamp problem, the guy doing the MOT pointed out that my Black Diamond disks where just about shot.. And would maybe explain why I am getting the lamp warnings. Any ideas welcome

Regards

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts