SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flushing brake system on my 2.1 sedan today with nice Aussie winter conditions (sunny, about 15 C outside) and no shift at work today.

Used my big oil syringe to get as much of the old fluid out of the reservoir as possible before starting the job proper. Took about 800 ml new fluid to fill the reservoir after the syringing.

I've been using my Motive Products power bleeder to assist the flush/bleed process. I followed the book procedure and bled both front lines first (as car has ABS), then used the ABS pump with 'block-o-wood' keeping pedal depressed to do the back lines.

Interestingly, the power bleeder doesn't seem to do much when bleeding the rear lines after the ABS pump stops and I switch off the ignition. Plenty of fluid flow with a bleeder cracked (must be due to the ABS pump pressurising things) though.

Seems to be ok. Doing clutch last.

I'm used to doing brake system flushes on c900's without ABS (or manual boxes), although my 9k with manual box has ABS and I know the brakes were flushed/bled find on that using a similar process to what I described above.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Since the Teves system doesn't have a booster, the pump ends up being between the reservoir and the caliper, so a regular pressure bleeder doesn't work like normal. That's why you use the system to "self bleed."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts