SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes have recently started to make some noise and i remember my mechanic fixed a clip or something on the caliper and put something in the right place. I am not to sure of what he did but the noise went away instantly. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and could help me cure that noise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I always do my own brake services, so i know when it's time for either a change in pads or rotors.
The little clips that come on the pads are meant to touch the rotor when they are almost gone. Ussualy squeaquing means it's time for a pad replacement.
Sometimes, due to mishandling, the clips signal well before the pad is wasted, and normally after a visual inspection they can be adjusted.
if the pads are thin then they need to be replaced.
Other times they just squeek due to their metalic compounds rubbing on the rotor during braking. there are some gels you can put in the back of the pad when installing it to reduce this noise.
Since you said that the mecanic already adjusted your clips, you probably just need pads.
Hope this helped.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Your mechanic should have reported to you the existing pad thickness at that time.

The pad renewal time can then be roughly known. Another way is the brake fluid level - roughly again, of course..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts