SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Trying to locate a source for rear brake spring kits for a 69 Sonett. Anyone know of any place or any one that has them.

Mary

·
Registered
47 Posts
Reaar brake springs

This is a valid Napa number but is ufortunately only for the cup/washer on the outside used for retaining the spring. I am making the same search.

·
Registered
451 Posts
OK, I found another reference for "rear brake hardware kit" for five bolt 95/96/Sonett. Lockheed part #SSB1. Dunno what exactly this is or if the number is still any good.

I've also heard the Sonett shares some brake parts with MG's or Triumphs, I forget which, but maybe those brake spring kits would work.

I guess I'm lucky my brakes are still good. For now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
springs

Unfortunately finding brake springs for the Triumph and MG appear to be equaly difficult. West of Sweden has them but wants 48$ for them, and I do not know if that is both sides or not.
They have to be a fairly simple set but it is knowing what and from where.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Found Brake springs and MORE

One of the things I really hate is being overcharged for parts. Skandix has the spring kit for $16. They also have a front caliper rebuild kit that includes the piston.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Brake springs etc.

www.skandix-usa.com
1002872 rear shoe hardware kit all Saab 96 V4 this would imply they were used extensively

They appear to be what I busted getting the drums off ;oops:

They also have a good selection of items no one else seems to have, i.e.oil pump and as I mentioned the caliper piston, all new, including the brake shoe adjusters I am hoping will come out with out breaking.

No clue about the MG.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quick service

Ordered from Skandex wednesday morning recieved the parts thursday morning, they are the correct ones!

·
Registered
6 Posts
spring positioning

Hi folks,
I'm rebuilding the rear brakes of my 72 sonett and I have a question concerning the lower spring positioning as they were set slightly differently on both sides.
On the attached picture, the red arrow points to the "S-shaped" end of the lower spring. One side had it positioned above the metal piece (as in the picture) while the other side had it below.

Searching online at pictures or schematics, I found both! I'm thinking there's a correct position! ;-)
Which is it?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm rebuilding the rear brakes of my 72 sonett and I have a question concerning the lower spring positioning as they were set slightly differently on both sides.
On the attached picture, the red arrow points to the "S-shaped" end of the lower spring. One side had it positioned above the metal piece (as in the picture) while the other side had it below.

Searching online at pictures or schematics, I found both! I'm thinking there's a correct position! ;-)
Which is it?

Thank you
When you say "the metal piece", are you referring to the handbrake lever (link)? If so, the spring goes above it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi Joshinator,
thank you for your reply.
yes, i meant the handbrake link. I saw the same drawing when looking online as the one you posted, but also found some showing the end of the spring below the handbrake link, so I was wondering which was correct.
Ciao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts