Someone has put a different cap on perhaps :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A quick search of flickr does seem to show my style cap on the LHD 9-5s and your style cap on the RHD 9-5s but none of the photos with my cap were at an angle where I could see if there was a plug attached.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My car has the sensor but its not connected to anything - so seems to be no US specific thing. (Aero, MY2002, Auto, european specification)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
My car has the sensor and there is a wire attached. I was always under the impression that is was for detecting the brake fluid level. Don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yes it is a fluid level sensor - hmmm i have to look for a connector....:eek:

Edit: Just found in WIS that its a LHD / RHD Difference and there should be a connector - LHD has the Level sensor in the filler cap - RHD has the sensor in the reservoir. I bought the car this way and never thought about it ;oops:

I will have a look in the daylight tomorrow

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
My car has a wire connected. I'm going to remove it while the car is going and see if my brake warning comes on.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that have the sensor attached, where does the wiring seem to go? That might give me a place to start looking for a detached cable or lack there of.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gghh said:
Just found it - its coming from the main wiring near the big connector.

This is how it should look
Hot damn! I followed the bundle back and found my cable tucked away. I haven't started the car yet, I just ran back in the house to make this post, but the mystery has been solved.

Thank you to everyone.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
pab95 said:
My car has the sensor and there is a wire attached. I was always under the impression that is was for detecting the brake fluid level. Don't know for sure though.

That is exactly what it is.
The system is designed so that when the car was new, the brake fluid and pads are both "full".
As the pads wear down, the fluid level decreases to a point that the sensor will trigger a "low brake fluid" warning which is an indication (if you didn't hear the squealing) that your pads need to be changed.

I'm really surprised to hear about Saabs that do not have that connected and/or are not throwing any warnings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts