SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No U.S. saab site ships to Canada.
Eeuroparts is going through a merger and currently not shipping to Canada.
Does anyone have a link?

9-3 Aero 2008...I would imagine all the caps are the same from one year to the next...?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just replaced mine with one I bought on eBay. It cost half as much and arrived twice as quickly as the exact same part and brand from EEuroparts.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I would always go to a you-pull junkyard. This is the kind of item that should be easily found in good condition and won't cost much if anything.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
A junkyard is preferred if a) there's one nearby and b) it contains Saabs. This is not always true.
OP lists location as Montréal. There are tons of used Saab part vendors in the Montréal area. Go through kijiji for Québec with search term "Saab".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sure there are. I was saying that for some of us, the ROI on "going to the junkyard" vs. mail order is negative. That's why there are alternatives.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sure there are. I was saying that for some of us, the ROI on "going to the junkyard" vs. mail order is negative. That's why there are alternatives.
Sure, but I'm in Canada (you aren't, according to your profile). Ordering online is a whole different kettle of fish, because so many sites are in the US. Not only is currency conversion an issue, there are extra shipping charges, possibly customs and border charges, and taxes.

It may not be worthwhile to make a trip to the junkyard for just one cap (assuming you don't find it interesting to visit a junkyard and see what's there), but in the yards I'm familiar with, I can pay $20 or $40 for a bunch of different smaller items that would cost hundreds of dollars ordered online individually.

For the OP, if you want a new cap, here's a Canadian site which can sell you a new one for $20 plush shipping:

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's great! Where I am, $20-$40 doesn't cover fuel to get to the nearest yard with any Saabs in it.
I just bought a brake reservoir cap on eBay for $10 shipped. As always, YMMV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts