SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is for a 2006 convertible with 2.8l v6 anniversary edition. Had anyone had problems with brake failure? My gf just called me and was backing out of a parking spot and the brake failed so she hit a column in the parking lot. She was driving barefoot so she said she didn't press the brake and gas at the same time. Has anyone heard problems like this before? She said its wasn't driver error. Any ideas?

thanks in advanced.

PS. Anyone have instructions on how to remove the rear bumper? I might have to either get it repainted or find another one and repaint. I saw a couple on ebay for about $160 plus get it painted. Anyone have a source for used parts? I checked car-parts.com but none there.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
No reported Brake failures that I've heard about in a few years..... sorry to say it.... it's more than likely she's afraid to fess' up.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
It could've happened as she stated, or it could not have. Have the Brakes checked out to be on the safe side.

If you were on the East coast I'd say saabsite or Goldwing for the bumper... but the shipping to you would not make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I recall reading about an issue with the electric vacuum pumps that are used on the V-6 (the 2.0 uses an engine driven pump) that for whatever reason, do not provide sufficient vacuum to the brake booster during the first minute or so of operation. I would give her the benefit of the doubt on this one and have the vacuum pump checked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts